• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Question:

Are the Phantom Special Editions (Kaiju and Creature Feature):

a. Phantom Special editions of Enormous #1 1st print

b. Phantom Special editions of Enormous #1 2nd print

?

Also, just watched the Machinima episode. Pretty cool. totally plausible, and it would be nice to have a break from zombies and political thrillers if this were to become a regular series.

Also, if it were to become a regular series, hopefully they could do a crossover with Downton Abbey.

I'm pretty sure Larry stated earlier in this or another thread that this was going to be his 1st Phantom 2nd print ever. (shrug)

The creators asked me if I would be interested in supporting their second print.

I said yep.

They designed some killer covers for my group.

One of them will be rare as hell...

under 150 copies.

Some second prints beat the out of their 1st print counterparts on the secondary market.

Let's see how thees fare...

I hope they fare well, but I was scratching my head on the cover design for the phantom 2nd print, since basically they are a footprint put on top of the Hastings cover for #1.

Personally, I like the 1st print Phantoms, but thats just me.

B&W are going to be pricey $$$$ on secondary market with only 150. Good luck to anyone hunting these...

Ah, see - the Phantom Variant 2nd Print gave us the chance to FULLY reproduce the poster from the Machinima short. Very grateful to have been able to do that. The original Hastings exclusive presented only select elements of the art. So, what you see on the Phantom Variant is the full poster w/ credits and design. LOVE IT.

Cool...thanks for clarifying...PHantom 2nd print is the full monty where Hastings was semi...I was mixed up.

Edited by azcards4ever

I might have an in on the two Enormous NYCC variants :wishluck::cloud9:

I would be STOKED to add those to my current collection!!!!!

What's the secret password!?!

Oh, it's more than just a password. I had to use the following:

Crocodile tears, snotty nose, begging, red eyes, and meekly repeating: please, please, please, please, please...

:ohnoez:

In all actuality, someone was kind enough to say they would try and get them for me when they attend :)

I'm not a big second print guy. But I gotta say there is something very appealing to me about that Phantom green footprint cover. Probably because that particular color shade of green is my favorite color, so my eye is naturally drawn to it. I may have to splurge and get a copy.... :insane:

I personally loved the Kaiju Phatom Variant #1. The green color scheme sold me on it as well. I finally bought one and hope I can find a Creature Feature Variant as well.. :wishluck: Always loved any Godzilla type movies when I was kid so this run was exactly what I was looking for in comics.

lol

It seems this discussion starts late August or early September every year. Money tightens everywhere with school, Christmas, construction slowing, and you know the rest. I believe this is why the books that come out in September through November are always at a premium by February every year. Last year it was Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Black Science, A Voice in the Dark, and Manifest Destiny. The year before it was Nowhere Men, Bedlam, Clone, and the like. I start going into buy mode in October through December and usually find a lot of deals.

I think Enormous will be fine. A set of 1-3 sold yesterday for $60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-1-2-3-unread-1st-print-HTF-Rare-215-Ink-/151388414812?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item233f73e35c

and another set of 1-3 in VF+ to NM- sold for $39.99 plus shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-1-2-3-SET-215-INK-Tim-Daniel-Cheggour-Meylikhov-Low-Run-SOLD-OUT-/181519638081?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a4369de41

I wouldn't sweat it. 2c

so is enormous dying as a spec book? I can't give away my #3

*SHRUG*

Where?

I don't see it in your Ebay auctions...

( to sell most books, you ACTUALLY have to offer them for sale )

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Comics-/63/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_ssn=pirate2323

Edited by LarrysComics

Try not looking at completed auctions you insufficiently_thoughtful_person

3 a's selling between 9.99 - 13 dollars and cover b's a little more not bad for a new book. (thumbs u

This was in reference to Larry posting a link for my completed auctions while running his ignorant mouth about actually having to list one which I have had on there since it dropped.