• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Wow, what a great 3.0! Congrats!

I still need to score of of those.

Thanks Dick!

I just said myself: let’s get past that tape pull, which is unobtrusive, and let’s buy a nice copy at a price I can somewhat afford before the Skrulls appear in some movie and things go totally out of hand! :sick:

Your first copy is very sweet, Dick!

Not a hoard, obviously the second one is a reader… lol

So far the issues I kept two copies of are #36, 65, 66, 67 – not really because I wanted but because the best copy has interiors which are printed worse than the "reader". Well, actually they are not readers… :blush:

I still have to deslab the #2… I was waiting for a special moment to reacquaint myself with the Thing from the pinup, seen first when I was 9 years old. :cloud9:

Your first copy is very sweet, Dick!

Not a hoard, obviously the second one is a reader… lol

So far the issues I kept two copies of are #36, 65, 66, 67 – not really because I wanted but because the best copy has interiors which are printed worse than the "reader". Well, actually they are not readers… :blush:

I still have to deslab the #2… I was waiting for a special moment to reacquaint myself with the Thing from the pinup, seen first when I was 9 years old. :cloud9:

.....early on a morning when you don't have any other commitments :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Time for a due bump and… it finally arrived! :whee:

I can’t wait to deslab it – it will be a solemn moment… :cloud9:

HyM64NOh.jpg

AWESOME! I hunted for years to find a nice mid-grade copy of this. I can imagine how excited you must be. This is just a great book.

Here's my copy...one of my favorite FF covers of ALL TIME!! :cloud9:

DBFNCAWSD79SCA2M0NYLCAVHS02GCAVFIE7.jpg

Before movie hype, before AF #15 commanded more than FF #1, heck, before I was even in high school I was left to hang out in a comic shop in downtown Toronto in the early 1980's by my grandparents while they took care of some business downtown.

I don't even remember what it was called anymore but I must have been there for a good two hours.

I just know that I saw this cover hanging on a wall and I stared at it like it was going to take me back into time.

Loved the purple cover, loved the $0.12 price tag (SA was a different world to a young teen) and above all, I loved the "Marvel Pop Art Productions" indicia. I still do to this day. It warms my heart like almost nothing else in a comic book.