• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

I've had a strong sentimental attachment to this character since I was a kid. My older cousin who was somewhat like an older brother to me surprised me when I was little by buying me a stack of comics. It was a nice surprise since he didn't collect comics, but knew I did. A few of the books were Darkhawk #1 and #2. He laughed saying "It could be worth a lot of money - it's a #1!" I just :eyeroll: and thought - what the heck is this character? Is he trying to be Wolverine with the three pronged claw? This isn't a Daredevil, X-Men or Ghost Rider book. meh Then I read it and loved the character! I've bought a few raws through the years, but really wanted a nice 9.8 for my collection. Jason (comicalgems) was amazing and sent me one - for free :o as part of the Giving Tree thread. (worship)

Thanks again so much Jason! :foryou: Here is my Darkhawk #1 9.8! :cloud9:

30wp4q9.jpg

You're welcome! I've got more ;-)

Nice book man! :headbang:

Still can't find a better priced CGC Darkhawk #4 than $89. I might just break down and snag it. :cry:
with shipping it's over $100, hm I love Darkhawk.. but that's some pricey drek. Shouldn't be hard to find a cheap raw

Is there a trade for darkhawk, other than the first one?

and/or fitted hats?

Just the first trade. He appears in some of the War of Kings TPBs and maybe others. No hats. We're left with a meager selection of comics, the one Marvel Universe action figure, OA and a handful of trading cards for our Darkhawk fix. Am I missing anything?

I seem to remember a t-shirt, back in the day...

and/or fitted hats?

Just the first trade. He appears in some of the War of Kings TPBs and maybe others. No hats. We're left with a meager selection of comics, the one Marvel Universe action figure, OA and a handful of trading cards for our Darkhawk fix. Am I missing anything?

Yep, there was one that I know of.

Is this it? It recently sold on ebay.

$_35.JPG

Still can't find a better priced CGC Darkhawk #4 than $89. I might just break down and snag it. :cry:

Do it. You can increase the value of my 9.9. :acclaim:

Seriously, $89 is a lot to spend on a 9.8 #4.

and/or fitted hats?

$_35.JPG

I seem to remember one that had the style where the whole shirt had a graphic on it; Darkhawk was in color, and the rest was in black and white. Could be a false memory, though.

and/or fitted hats?

$_35.JPG

I seem to remember one that had the style where the whole shirt had a graphic on it; Darkhawk was in color, and the rest was in black and white. Could be a false memory, though.

With a little digging I found out that 2 additional t-shirts were released. One featured the cover to issue #7 and another had issue #22 (with Ghost Rider) . I don't have images for either. It was probably one of those that you remember.

RARE enough?

Hoped it would press higher. My original copy.

IMG_29611_zps33467d8d.jpg

Sweet #49 Revat!

I want someone to explain to me what exactly is going on with Overhawks legs on that cover. Makes no sense. I think the space underneath Darkhawks crotch should have been colored purple.

Sweet #49 Revat!

I want someone to explain to me what exactly is going on with Overhawks legs on that cover. Makes no sense. I think the space underneath Darkhawks crotch should have been colored purple.

I feel like Overhawk Is wearing high heels.

but yes the little triangle should be purple I think.

Does anyone have a Darkhawk with a Mark Jeweler's Insert? I think Mark Jeweler's ads were inserted until at least mid 1991, and Darkhawk started in early 1991, so in THEORY there some could exist. But I've never seen one or come across one.

hm(shrug):sorry:

that's ok, this is probably looks like a job for RMA!