• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

When I saw all the awesome Nick Cardy sketches being sold last month on Comic Connect, I knew I wanted to try and get at least one. Many of the sketches I was interested in went above what I was hoping to spend. Did manage to win one and I'm very happy with it:

photo5_zpse672c086.jpg

I'm very glad I didn't spend too much on another sketch because it left me with room this month to pick up this beauty:

photo1_zpscb6070dd.jpg

Been saving but three things became available that I have been looking at for awhile. Besides, I sold a bunch of stuff to warrant a few things.

ASM 13 was picked up first. I've been wanting another copy for awhile.

Marvel Comics - Raiders of the Lost Ark #3 Page 3 - Classic Indy scene - Buscema's pencils were secondary... I really wanted an iconic Indy page from the first Dr. Jones adventure.

Detective Comics 164 - Light Tan to OW pages were not a deal breaker right now... as I have been trying to win one of these / find one of these for awhile to no avail.

15206723902_9c66331150_b.jpg

Raiders3Page3.jpg

Tec164.jpg

The lazy guy inside just copied my other post.

I saw this and the Star Trek fan in me couldn't resist. Done by Tony Tallarico. Never heard of him? Here is his background. wiki

Below is the published magazine it is from.

_572_zps2a0bc52d.jpg

11-11-327_zps4f5efa62.jpg

Detective Comics 164 - as I have been trying to win one of these / find one of these for awhile to no avail.

Tec164.jpg

(thumbs u

Thought you would appreciate that... One day I want to upgrade that book. It really is a classic cover. One day... it is on its way to me as I type.