• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Yeah but some of that processed, chemical laden garbage is freakin' delicious

^^

Ditch's zombie chicken and panty chicken are awesome but I had me a bowl of

img163.jpg

this morning.

Didn't feel like driving to the grocery store, so I raided the pantry for tonight's dinner.

So good. :cloud9:

Ditch's Pantry Raid Chicken

r5sEJOH.jpg

dy0l5IY.jpg

K6csYXQ.jpg

jOAW6KZ.jpg

jCP3s7e.jpg

bqax9Wm.jpg

nN8y20S.jpg

r8II0QC.jpg

Low calorie, low fat, low carb, low sodium, no processed food, no added sugar, ~$3/serving, 30 minutes to plate.

Organic...?

:)

Isn't it funny that people obsess over that term, and it doesn't even have a specific meaning? I find myself surrounded by people who eat tons of bad stuff and then go to Whole Foods or whatever and pay ridiculous prices for "Organic Free Range Blahdiblah...", as if this makes up for it. lol

But yeah...according to my Organic Chemistry classes...it's definitely organic. :D

Ha.

Ha ha.

Smartass.

meh

Organic = not grown with chemical pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, growth accelerants, free of genetically modified organisms, etc. In other words, natural foods, grown naturally, the way they were created.

And you are correct, eating processed, chemical laden garbage is not "evened out" by eating organic.

I was just bustin' your chops. :)

But I tell you what, I would love to be able to find fresh, real food like that in the stores. Unfortunately, much of what is sold as "organic" at massively higher prices doesn't qualify for various reasons. The really sad part, is people have forgotten what fresh real food tastes like. Just one example; home-grown, vine-ripened tomatoes. If you've ever had one, you can't go back to store-bought...you are completely ruined.

I do try to support the local farmer's markets. It's much fresher, and usually has a better chance of having less of the stuff you mentioned going on. The prices are very reasonable, and it's a great way to spend a weekend morning.

Yeah but some of that processed, chemical laden garbage is freakin' delicious

^^

Ditch's zombie chicken and panty chicken are awesome but I had me a bowl of

img163.jpg

this morning.

lol

:facepalm:

You need to watch that movie "Fed Up" ASAP.

Didn't feel like driving to the grocery store, so I raided the pantry for tonight's dinner.

r5sEJOH.jpg

dy0l5IY.jpg

K6csYXQ.jpg

jOAW6KZ.jpg

jCP3s7e.jpg

bqax9Wm.jpg

nN8y20S.jpg

r8II0QC.jpg

Low calorie, low fat, low carb, low sodium, no processed food, no added sugar, ~$3/serving, 30 minutes to plate.

Organic...?

Isn't it funny that people obsess over that term, and it doesn't even have a specific meaning? I find myself surrounded by people who eat tons of bad stuff and then go to Whole Foods or whatever and pay ridiculous prices for "Organic Free Range Blahdiblah...", as if this makes up for it. lol

But yeah...according to my Organic Chemistry classes...it's definitely organic. :D

Ha.

Ha ha.

Smartass.

meh

Organic = not grown with chemical pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, growth accelerants, free of genetically modified organisms, etc. In other words, natural foods, grown naturally, the way they were created.

And you are correct, eating processed, chemical laden garbage is not "evened out" by eating organic.

:eyeroll:

I've seen you eat.

You are to healthy eating as Twilight is to great literature.

I ate at your house....

:acclaim:

Damn!!! That is crazy and he looks like he's getting ready to give a wicked lol

That was cool as hell. I figured the building onthe right was gong bye bye.

I was just bustin' your chops. :)

But I tell you what, I would love to be able to find fresh, real food like that in the stores. Unfortunately, much of what is sold as "organic" at massively higher prices doesn't qualify for various reasons.

There is something to be said for that, and it definitely requires some discernment. Before this year, I put whatever garbage into my mouth I felt like, and the results are obvious.

But the massively higher prices aren't really massively higher: they're what food would actually cost, if not for the tidal wave of chemically grown, processed, and genetically modified food that is the legacy of the last half of the 20th century.

Look at milk, for example: it is pasteurized (sometimes ultra-pasteurized), which destroys not only bad bacteria...but also good bacteria that is naturally found in milk. As a result, pasteurization results in milk that has little nutritive value. Raw, whole milk costs $16 or more a gallon. But it's nutritive, and not just empty calories, like the pasteurized, homogenized "product" on shelves.

Pasteurization was probably a necessity in the early 20th, when it took hold...people didn't understand hygienic practice. But in the early 21st?

And don't ever, EVER buy chocolate milk already mixed at the store. :eek:

r5sEJOH.jpg

dy0l5IY.jpg

K6csYXQ.jpg

jOAW6KZ.jpg

jCP3s7e.jpg

bqax9Wm.jpg

nN8y20S.jpg

r8II0QC.jpg

Recipe modifications underway. :whee: