• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

Dang John,

no Power Pack?

It was among my favorite series when I started reading comics in english, in the late 1980s. Maybe they were the early issues (not particularly great compared to the following ones, indeed)?

I think they were dealing with Kurse or something... I can't remember. Well, if it makes you feel any better I remember really liking Secret Wars 2 so that gives you a hint as to how serious you should take my comic tastes!

I strayed from the comicspriceguide.com boards when people started getting too silly, and the people here worshipped me instantly, so I felt guilty leaving.

You are not alone. I had the same reason and didn't look back. Gladly I did. Thanks for reminding me how I ended up here ever since. That banner ad led me here. Thanks CGC.

Dang John,

no Power Pack?

It was among my favorite series when I started reading comics in english, in the late 1980s. Maybe they were the early issues (not particularly great compared to the following ones, indeed)?

I think they were dealing with Kurse or something... I can't remember. Well, if it makes you feel any better I remember really liking Secret Wars 2 so that gives you a hint as to how serious you should take my comic tastes!

Well, it also depends on how old were you… I loathed Secret Wars (the whole idea) and always refused to read it, but I was already grown up when I read Power Pack.

Yes, the Kurse issues are earlier ones, the best ones start after 25 or so. There are really some great stories and story arcs – one of the best late 1980s series, in my opinion, and most people discard it without knowing it, just out of preconceptions.

It’s a series that can be fully appreciated by a true Fantastic Four fan – many are also the tie-ins as Franklin guest stars often… the single episode with the Sentinel is a little masterpiece. :)

I was friends with Nick (Flaming Telepath) and he mentioned this place a couple of times during conversation. Then when he knew I was looking for a Captain America # 100, he put me in touch with Arex, who had one for sale so I got chatting with Arex who suggested I should sign up.

Then shortly afterwards, I got chatting with Matt (Anfield Fox) after buying from him on eBay and he also suggested that I should join the boards so I finally got round to registering in late 2006.

The very best thing about this forum is the fact that I've made so many good friends through here. There are plenty of guys here who I enjoy chatting with but also a whole bunch who I enjoy seeing at our regular meet ups for beer and I owe that to the CGC boards.

Thank you for buying my junk :hi:

Googled cgc vs pgx

Googled and found this.

Very interesting, albeit scary story.

For me, I had no idea comics were even graded until the Dallas Con earlier this year when my bro picked up an ASM #1 and after many weeks of googling, reading and visits to my LCS, I found this forum. I love the chase and the shock of finding a rare that would eventually be slabbed.

Needless to say I don't see myself going anywhere soon :wishluck:

I was doing research before buying an Amazing Fantasy 15.

I lurked for a long time.

My 1st post was about a laminated AF 15 on eBay. Yes, someone laminated each page of an AF15, then put it back together. :facepalm:

Ha! Ha! I almost pulled the trigger on that one. PointFive and Piper can attest to the lemons I used to show them before I finally bought my keeper.

Honestly... I don't even remember how I found this place. lol It was shortly after I got back into collecting though (which was in June of '06 as I was getting out of the Army and moving back east). I've been out of collecting for a few years now, as I've been focused more on writing about comics and creating some of my own. But I still like to drop in, lurk a bit, and toss a few PMs around here and there :) It certainly was the place that helped set me on the road to comic fandom that I've been running on for years now.

Someone on another board said they had encountered one of the biggest collection of individual_without_enough_empathys they have ever seen on the internet and then provided a link to these boards.

Someone on another board said they had encountered one of the biggest collection of individual_without_enough_empathys they have ever seen on the internet and then provided a link to these boards.

tumblr_inline_ndmfh4Utyg1rfrht4.gif

-slym

:roflmao: