• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Last week was a great week for my TMNT collection. I'm still working on getting things scanned in, but I just put up a piece in my CAF gallery from Matt Howarth, the first outside pinup artist to contribute to volume 1 and artist/writer of issue #41.

Check it out! :)

The Commish... hm

Has a nice ring to it. :cool:

Speaking of which, meeting up with Eric Talbot was the highlight of the Baltimore convention for me and my family. Eric was always at his table, always friendly, and just great to work with. He even let us stash the stroller behind his booth when the little one needed to get up and stretch his legs for a while.

Anyway, I've been slowly working on getting commissions of all 4 turtles from each of the Mirage artists for several years. Last weekend, I finally got to cross one more off the list. So far, I've got:

Kevin Eastman

Peter Laird

Michael Dooney

Dan Berger

Jim Lawson

And now, Eric Talbot:

TMNTTalbot-Leonardo-1.jpg

TMNTTalbot-Donatello.jpg

TMNTTalbot-Raphael.jpg

TMNTTalbot-Michelangelo.jpg

:cloud9:

I recently was able to complete a personal goal of collecting all the original TMNT oversize books in 9.8. It was quite an endeavour. This might be the first time that they have all been pictured together in 9.8 goodness:

turtlesc98_zps1954afef.jpg

turtlesb98_zps97ede968.jpg

now to get them all SS'd :insane:

Oh my God, that is bad**s!

Is one of those number one's a first printing?

Also, I still don't count Signature Series as true 9.8's. The signatures just aren't worth that much considering the large amount of them and how easily you can obtain them. The signatures also degrade the true 9.8 condition of the book since the ink will eventually bleed through to the pages beneath. Fact.

I recently was able to complete a personal goal of collecting all the original TMNT oversize books in 9.8. It was quite an endeavour. This might be the first time that they have all been pictured together in 9.8 goodness:

Also, I still don't count Signature Series as true 9.8's. The signatures just aren't worth that much considering the large amount of them and how easily you can obtain them. The signatures also degrade the true 9.8 condition of the book since the ink will eventually bleed through to the pages beneath. Fact.

Some people like SS, lets not pizz on his parade. Its not for me but I can understand how some people prefer them to unsigned copies

Some people like SS, lets not pizz on his parade. Its not for me but I can understand how some people prefer them to unsigned copies

It's best just to ignore him. He's been asked in the past to keep any negative feelings toward SS books to himself and just be positive about the stuff he does like but to no avail. Anymore, I just like posting SS books to see if I can get a rise out of him.

Here's one I haven't shared yet...dedicated to my buddy Oroku Saki

TMNT #62

SIGNATURE SERIES

Signed 3 times in super thick, page-melting marker. I even asked for some sketches to make sure I got plenty of ink on there.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles62SS.jpg

The label says it's a 9.8, but who knows what the "true" grade is. (shrug)

Well, now aren't you just a little ray of sunshine? :tonofbricks: