• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

I still think DC Comics Presents 26 has some upside but my TTT 44's got pounded with offers this weekend. I'm more partial to BB60 than 54. If I had to choose which is the legit 1st app I think you have to side with the issue where they are referred to by name. This could get interesting.

Personally, I think both BA/CA books have a huge upside. As to B&Bs not so much. I think they are where they are and will stay here. :grin:

I still think DC Comics Presents 26 has some upside but my TTT 44's got pounded with offers this weekend. I'm more partial to BB60 than 54. If I had to choose which is the legit 1st app I think you have to side with the issue where they are referred to by name. This could get interesting.

Personally, I think both BA/CA books have a huge upside. As to B&Bs not so much. I think they are where they are and will stay here. :grin:

good luck finding a HG BB #60.

good luck finding a HG BB #60.

I agree. Every time I post about BB 60 being the actual first appearance of Teen Titans, I'm amazed how many "amen"s I get. Awareness of this issue is out there, and even if BB 54 takes off further, that's just going to raise scrutiny about what actually happens in that issue. Same thing happened with Our Army at War. Issue 81 kept moving up--which led people to disseminate more and more the actual details of what transpires in each issue, until the info level reached the critical-mass tipping point level of waking people up to the fact that 81 didn't have the guy we know as Sgt. Rock--83 did. If BB 54 gets a lift--for whatever reason--people are going to start questioning things like, "So how exactly does the team form in this issue?" "What's the original membership in this issue?" "Why do they form a team in this issue?" "How do they choose the name 'Teen Titans' in this issue?" And the answer (such as it is in each case) is going to be, "Check BB 60."

I could be wrong, but I think overall the trend in this hobby has been for better info to win out.

[And at this point, someone should move this over to the Silver boards, cuz I'm not sure how to do that!]

I agree. Every time I post about BB 60 being the actual first appearance of Teen Titans, I'm amazed how many "amen"s I get. Awareness of this issue is out there, and even if BB 54 takes off further, that's just going to raise scrutiny about what actually happens in that issue.

So the ribbon pin worked then?

I agree. Every time I post about BB 60 being the actual first appearance of Teen Titans, I'm amazed how many "amen"s I get. Awareness of this issue is out there, and even if BB 54 takes off further, that's just going to raise scrutiny about what actually happens in that issue.

So the ribbon pin worked then?

I think the all-star concert helped. Black Bolt's set was a show-stopper.

I think someone (or perhaps several peeps) are hoarding the BB 60's, my friend (its not me I swear). Any decent copy (6.5+) is getting scooped almost immediately.

I'm glad they are going after those early teen titans books featuring Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and Aqualad. None of them being involved in the television show that is coming out. Those B&B books are nice, but it's money barking up the wrong tree.

Exhibit A:

marvel_super-heroes_vol_1_18_zpsd110c831.jpg

There are tons of shazam #1's out there. #28's where not speculated on like the number 1's

Correct, from the lots of Shazam #1's that people have been finding I would venture to say that it was one of the first books to be widely speculated on for long-term value and profit.

There are tons of shazam #1's out there. #28's where not speculated on like the number 1's

Correct, from the lots of Shazam #1's that people have been finding I would venture to say that it was one of the first books to be widely speculated on for long-term value and profit.

And they are finally paying off. :)

Recent EBay listings in 9.8 range from $150 - $200. Usually its a $50 book.

I just don't understand 9.8 prices like this on such a common $1-$2 book that was collectable from the start due to the "X" appearance and Byrne art. $50-$100 maybe, $150-$200+ confuses me. a Wolverine 1 may go for $200-$250+ in 9.8 (more?), but that's a $50-$60 book raw in really nice shape.