• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Wow, all these X-Force #2 responses are interesting. Weird how people still don't want this at shows and kids walk away. Funny, because when I was a kid I didn't wan't the gold newsstand McFarlane Spidey because it wasn't "cool" like the silver one. I had the chance to buy a few of them.

It would be fun to see if they were on the wall if that made a difference. I think it was Steve Jobs who said "Consumers don't know what they want until you show it to them".

Wow, all these X-Force #2 responses are interesting. Weird how people still don't want this at shows and kids walk away. Funny, because when I was a kid I didn't wan't the gold newsstand McFarlane Spidey because it wasn't "cool" like the silver one. I had the chance to buy a few of them.

It would be fun to see if they were on the wall if that made a difference. I think it was Steve Jobs who said "Consumers don't know what they want until you show it to them".

If and when the Deadpool movie comes out the first appearance will be out of price range for most fans therefore the second appearance might be where they turn to.

It is extremely unlikely that demand will ever be greater than supply for this book. I'm not surprised that people would be willing to pay $4 or $5 for an issue as this has become the cover price for most new books. To give you an idea of how many books should be available, I took a look at early comichron.com numbers.

X-force #60 = 126,203 issues in 18th place

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1996/1996-09.html

X-force #67 = 96,441 issues in 27th place

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1997/1997-04.html

I'm sure someone could tell you how many copies of #2 were ordered and I'm also pretty certain it was more than #60.

Issue #1 came with it's own bag. Comic book preservation was in full swing at this point. That being said, I think everyone should have 1 copy but not 2 or 2000 copies. lol

There is no doubt that a huge amount were printed. But, the law of supply and demand doesn't care about the quantity/supply of an item if the demand outstrips it in most cases. Superman MOS #18 comes to mind right away.

I remember just around 2005 going to a small show in NH where a guy had boxes full of Supes books from the death story line for $1 each, and he was flabbergasted that I pulled out a huge stack of issues. I think I pulled a couple MOS 18's as well. Flash forward ten years and the book is no longer $1 bin fodder, and the masses want it.

I know many people who long ago threw out their early 90's comics. That being said, there are still waaaaay too many copies of certain books out in the wild. I'm sure some old store owners have unopened Diamond boxes full of X-Force #2's.

It is extremely unlikely that demand will ever be greater than supply for this book. I'm not surprised that people would be willing to pay $4 or $5 for an issue as this has become the cover price for most new books. To give you an idea of how many books should be available, I took a look at early comichron.com numbers.

There were a lot of people that said that about the Doomsday books as well.

There were a lot of people that said that about the Doomsday books as well.

I have learned that the above is true. Death of Superman books in a few years will shock us with their prices.

Personally I just don't see Deadpool climbing to that level overall, but you never know.