• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

Those Savage Swords, especially the first thirty or forty issues, were awesome!

Yeah. I've been reading through the run and I've noticed as the series gradually declined in quality over time with the effort just not being the same. One of the things I always loved about SSOC was the painted covers. By the end of series, they were using drawn covers, even for the important final issue. As nice as some of the drawn covers were, they just weren't the same from the days of Boris, N. Adams, Norem, and others.

Those Savage Swords, especially the first thirty or forty issues, were awesome!

Yeah. I've been reading through the run and I've noticed as the series gradually declined in quality over time with the effort just not being the same. One of the things I always loved about SSOC was the painted covers. By the end of series, they were using drawn covers, even for the important final issue. As nice as some of the drawn covers were, they just weren't the same from the days of Boris, N. Adams, Norem, and others.

There is something about those final covers though that I still dig. Maybe it's the scarcity of them, but a handful of the last issues had some cool drawn/painted looking covers.

LCS find. A real shame with the Savage Tales #1. If it wasn't for a small piece of the cover missing from the bottom, this is otherwise a very sharp copy with a strong binding and OW/W pages. Still, at $10, I think it's more than bargain. Certainly an upgrade to my other reader copy.

150085.jpg.b2d18f25ac9363c0adc0547ba229fa68.jpg

I don't own them, but . . .

Amazing Stories, June, 1926 - Creepy #18, Jan., 1968

amazing192606.jpg

amazingcreepy18.jpg

Interesting. I've seen these both before and assumed it was the same artwork used for the Creepy 18. But seeing them together I can see that the painting was totally redone. I do like the original better with the second serpent head in the lower right!

amazing192606.jpg

amazingcreepy18.jpg

Interesting. I've seen these both before and assumed it was the same artwork used for the Creepy 18. But seeing them together I can see that the painting was totally redone. I do like the original better with the second serpent head in the lower right!

Yeah...But the chick in the second is WAY hotter :baiting::D

amazing192606.jpg

amazingcreepy18.jpg

But not for much longer after she's been digested into Nessie poo! :hi:

amazing192606.jpg

amazingcreepy18.jpg

But not for much longer after she's been digested into Nessie poo! :hi:

Truth hurts :flamed: