• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Thanks Bronze Age. The room gets very indirect light in the room. And the glass isn't conservatory museum but blocks 99% uv :wishluck::wishluck: TruView glass. I just couldn't lock them away, I need to see them everyday!

I would not leave the books there. They will eventually fade, just not as quickly as if the glass didn't have any UV protection. All types of light will eventually lead to fading; emphasis is always on UV only because its the most damaging.

BTW some great looking books!

Edited by 234wallst

I'm still about 16 issues short of the whole run, but I just finished 1-10 of Tales of Suspense this past week. #1, 3, 5 and 7 came from other board members.

Frankie will probably be working on his 1949 Timely run by the time I finish. lol

TOS1_10A.jpg

I'm 1/10th of the way there, I love this run! Awesome copies man, thanks for sharing :applause:

Thanks Bronze Age. The room gets very indirect light in the room. And the glass isn't conservatory museum but blocks 99% uv :wishluck::wishluck: TruView glass. I just couldn't lock them away, I need to see them everyday!

I would not leave the books there. They will eventually fade, just not as quickly as if the glass didn't have any UV protection. All types of light will eventually lead to fading; emphasis is always on UV only because its the most damaging.

We see a lot of comic rooms and collections on these boards, such as the 'Have to got a comic room' thread, is it pretty much a case that everyone has their books in a room with no windows?

We see a lot of comic rooms and collections on these boards, such as the 'Have to got a comic room' thread, is it pretty much a case that everyone has their books in a room with no windows?

Not necessarily. The majority of my main Marvel collection is in my office that has a window but they're all stored in lateral file cabinets completely shielded from the sunlight.

I would be careful leaving any comic out. I understand people love looking at them and wanna display them but have the comic fade will crush you....and by the time you notice it is fading you may lose a lot of the eye appeal that made you love the comic. And the sickening feeling that you will get because YOU caused this to happen would be PRICELESS. :tonofbricks:

Make high res scans of the comics you love and display those. Once in a while crack open the box and drool over them. That's why I love Club threads. It's an excuse to find my copy of that book and look at it again. :cloud9:

Picked out four comics to send in with my yearly grading coupon. Hate having to choose the four comics every year. Such a hard decision. What do you guys think on the selections? :popcorn:

:wishluck: And here is wishing luck on the grades. Something I see on the TTA #13 has me a little worried. :eek:

a16a6d9e5a2711c38e2536b84c8df917_zps904b00cd.jpg[/img]

Just got them back. Happy with the grades. :cloud9:

c6969aa8103b30d856fa938d4795f474_zps9b77f8aa.jpg[/img]