• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Went to Boston Comic Con last weekend and found the Fiona Staples variant of Red Sonja #1 in a 3 for $1 box.

Gail Simone was at the show, so I bought it and marched right over to her table:

SAM_1711-1.jpg

I asked her if there were any plans to have Mary Wilshire contribute something to the series, but she didn't seem to be familiar with Mary. She seemed interested, though, so I ended up emailing her some info about Mary Wilshire and Louise Simonson's run on Red Sonja. It would be cool if Mary and Louise did something for Dynamite.

It seemed almost insulting that Mary or Louise weren't involved in the reboot. Glad they're finally waking up to the fact that women had already done Red Sonja before. Which was the whole gimmick behind the reboot. Haven't read any of the new stuff. How's the writing, artwork, etc.?

It seemed almost insulting that Mary or Louise weren't involved in the reboot. Glad they're finally waking up to the fact that women had already done Red Sonja before. Which was the whole gimmick behind the reboot. Haven't read any of the new stuff. How's the writing, artwork, etc.?

I really like the new Red Sonja stuff at Dynamite. I'm up to issue 6 I believe, and the first story arc was kinda awesome. I hadn't read RS for years, so I decided to jump back in, now I have to find back issues of previous series'.

Gail Simone's writing was great for the character and Walter Giovanni is really coming along as a storyteller. It took me a bit to warm up to his work, but from a storytelling standpoint, he's pretty good - his art really added to the depth of the story. He's able to convey a lot of emotion, perspectives, action and makes the effort to give the series a well-rounded look. It's definitely worth picking up and giving it a read.

Man. That is the hottest statue I've seen yet.

Of course, my wife would never let me keep it in the house.

Gail Simone and Dynamite Entertainment present a Red Sonja giveaway

:)your wife will be so happy so enter under her name

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/gail-simone-dynamite-entertainment-red-sonja-giveaway

Been a while. Statues look awesome! Picked this up at PalmCon yesterday.

Wow + WOW

proof really nice stuff is still out there

Probably somewhere in the 8.5 to 9.0 range. Some minor discoloration on the right edge, and some very slight wear on the bottom edge keep from grading higher, but yeah, surprisingly well kept for one out in the wild. Especially from a convention where they're being handled so much. Spine is almost flawless.

:applause:

I bought a #24 just because it was a nice price, and when I got it, I discovered it was better looking than my personal copy. Upgrade!