• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Defiantly PL worthy. My question for it to be HoS, how many people were stiffed? If it's one or two people it's a PL issue, if it's damn near the entire thread plus the artist it is probably HoS worthy. When you say that Ajl007 failed to pay the artist, do you mean in full? Partial? Most artists I know won't start work unless they've received at least partial payment upfront.

I'm not sure I agree that the number of people involved should be the determining factor for PL v HoS.

From the sounds of things, this is outright theft. Not to mention the fact that it reduces confidence in sketch ops, which is bad for the boards (Castrillo aside, the worst problem people normally face is that it takes ages to get their sketch - that's distinct from buying and selling books where by now most people that participate on the boards know that there are a fair amount of cowboys around aside from established boardies).

Ugh, was that the worst one ever???

So, he hasn't paid anything? And Glynn Sr is paying all CGC fees out of his own pocket? How much loot are we talking about here? How many commissions?

I'll ask Glynn how many participants were involved. There's at least 4, and I would think possibly more. I am only involved in the Monares op. Aaron ran other ops that are now dead in the water as well. However I only have the specifics on this one. Bottom line - We paid for the op in full to Aaron and he never sent one dime to the artist or CGC. If this isn't HOS worthy, then I'm not sure what is.

Well, it's been long enough to be PL-worthy certainly. It's been a little while since I've played this game...we do a poll for HOS nominations, right?

In the short term its certainly PL worthy and he can be added after the 72hrs elapses. Once there the matter of HoS can be discussed separately. If it is found to be HoS worthy and a vote confirms it, there is no reason he cannot be removed from one list and put on another. 2c

I too would like to officially add Ajaxfarrell.

Here is the recap:

7/16 - I requested 2 clocks and he sent me an invoice.

7/17 - Payment sent

7/23 - I follow up and he says they are shipping tomorrow

7/28 - He says he is having computer troubles and needs a few days if I still want the clocks. I agree that I want them.

8/9 - He says they will ship Monday 8/11 - computer issues are fixed.

8/19 - He says they will finally ship out on Tuesday 8/19 - Family issues held him up.

8/19 - I request tracking (read - no response)

8/24 - I ask if they have shipped (unread no response)

8/28 - I give up and tell him I am filing a paypal claim though I would still take the clocks if it can be worked out. No response

Paypal claim opened, no response to it so far.

Sadly I really want the clocks based on all the good things I have heard, but at this point, I doubt I would ever get them.

Paypal ruled in my favor and I will be getting a refund in the next day or two.

Still no word from Ajaxfarrell though.

Same. Paypal provided the refund but I think he should remain on the list until he can discuss why he failed to follow through on his sales.

I never got my purchase (even though he said it was mailed weeks ago), never responded to me, so he's going to stay on the list until he refunds me, since I can't go through Paypal. Still very disappointing.

Well, it's been long enough to be PL-worthy certainly. It's been a little while since I've played this game...we do a poll for HOS nominations, right?

In the short term its certainly PL worthy and he can be added after the 72hrs elapses. Once there the matter of HoS can be discussed separately. If it is found to be HoS worthy and a vote confirms it, there is no reason he cannot be removed from one list and put on another. 2c

I notified him on 8/27/14. So more than 72 hours have passed. He is fully aware of his nomination and chooses not to post anywhere in the forum.

Sounds right. Once we get the bottom line specs this may well be worthy of an HOS vote, but I definitely agree with inclusion in the PL.

Here is the recap:

7/17 - Payment sent

7/28 - He says he is having computer troubles and needs a few days if I still want the clocks. I agree that I want them.

8/19 - He says they will finally ship out on Tuesday 8/19 - Family issues held him up.

8/28 - I give up and tell him I am filing a paypal claim though I would still take the clocks if it can be worked out. No response

Sadly I really want the clocks based on all the good things I have heard, but at this point, I doubt I would ever get them.

Same. Paypal provided the refund but I think he should remain on the list until he can discuss why he failed to follow through on his sales.

I never got my purchase (even though he said it was mailed weeks ago), never responded to me, so he's going to stay on the list until he refunds me, since I can't go through Paypal. Still very disappointing.

I agree, he should not be removed. I know there are a few others still waiting on refunds.

Is anyone in here familiar with board member BetterRunCharles? He agreed to purchase an FF #48 from my sales thread 14 days ago and was supposed to send a money order to my customer (it was his book). I was notified on Monday that payment hadn't been received yet. So I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Monday asking what was going on with this. He hasn't read it yet.

He only has 32 posts in here so he's on here very infrequently. It could be that he just forgot about it but he was the one who initially contacted me about the book through PM. I'm just wondering if someone on here knows him so I might be able to contact him via e-mail maybe.

I know he has 30 days so I know it's not PL worthy yet.

Maybe Charles already ran? lol

I am hereby officially nominating BetterRunCharles for the Probation List for failure to follow through on the purchase of a Fantastic Four #48 CGC 5.5 Signature Series signed by Stan Lee.

He originally contacted me through PM on Aug. 6th with an offer for it. I notified him on Aug. 7th that my customer had agreed to his offer price (he read that PM). The agreement was that he was supposed to mail a money order to my customer but my customer never received the money order. I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Aug. 18th asking why the money order hadn't been sent yet. He has not read that PM nor responded to it in any way.

I just sent him a separate PM notifying him that he was being nominated for the Probation List.

So when will the Probation List be updated? (shrug)

Here is the recap:

7/17 - Payment sent

I agree, he should not be removed. I know there are a few others still waiting on refunds.

should someone be removed from the probation list because the aggrieved party(ies) were made whole by Paypal? personally, i don't think so.

Here is the recap:

7/17 - Payment sent

should someone be removed from the probation list because the aggrieved party(ies) were made whole by Paypal? personally, i don't think so.

They should be removed when they've come to an agreement with the wronged ones, whatever that agreement may be.

Here is the recap:

7/17 - Payment sent

They should be removed when they've come to an agreement with the wronged ones, whatever that agreement may be.

I always like when donations to charities are suggested. Like Hero Initiative etc. in these situations.

Is anyone in here familiar with board member BetterRunCharles? He agreed to purchase an FF #48 from my sales thread 14 days ago and was supposed to send a money order to my customer (it was his book). I was notified on Monday that payment hadn't been received yet. So I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Monday asking what was going on with this. He hasn't read it yet.

He only has 32 posts in here so he's on here very infrequently. It could be that he just forgot about it but he was the one who initially contacted me about the book through PM. I'm just wondering if someone on here knows him so I might be able to contact him via e-mail maybe.

I know he has 30 days so I know it's not PL worthy yet.

Maybe Charles already ran? lol

I am hereby officially nominating BetterRunCharles for the Probation List for failure to follow through on the purchase of a Fantastic Four #48 CGC 5.5 Signature Series signed by Stan Lee.

He originally contacted me through PM on Aug. 6th with an offer for it. I notified him on Aug. 7th that my customer had agreed to his offer price (he read that PM). The agreement was that he was supposed to mail a money order to my customer but my customer never received the money order. I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Aug. 18th asking why the money order hadn't been sent yet. He has not read that PM nor responded to it in any way.

I just sent him a separate PM notifying him that he was being nominated for the Probation List.

So when will the Probation List be updated? (shrug)

BetterRunCharles has been added. Was waiting for the 72 hours from when you sent the PL PM notification.