• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I'm thinking most of the copies being bought these days are from flippers and resellers, not real collectors. Not surprised as this book has seen so much activity in the last couple of years.

I do expect another peak in interest towards the end of the year once Gotham premiers on Fox and Arkham Knight gets released. Of course, when Supes vs Bats comes out in another year and a half, that's another boost to my collection's resale value :D

I hope they introduce the League of Assassins and a young Ra's Al Ghul in the TV show as the organization manipulating things behind the scenes.

Alternatively, a Court of Owls intro/tie-in would be cool as well..........

The Bats 227/232 craze has even driven up the prices in foreign markets...

20140513_153532_zps0e354ed7.jpg

Have they? Or are you just saying your book is" probably" worth more now?

There isnt much data on these books. Could you please post where you get your pricing information from that shows an increase? I would love to have that information at my disposal.

The Bats 227/232 craze has even driven up the prices in foreign markets...

20140513_153532_zps0e354ed7.jpg

Have they? Or are you just saying your book is" probably" worth more now?

There isnt much data on these books. Could you please post where you get your pricing information from that shows an increase? I would love to have that information at my disposal.

Unfortunately there is nothing like that at our disposal. there is no GPA data on foreigns. Im not selling or dealing this book so it doesnt help much to inflate my own prices.

Like Brian48 says, "that's another boost to my collection's resale value"

This book is hard to come by therefore collectors raise their offers.

Im only stating the 227 and 232 has a worldwide heightened awareness not just the original.

not one collector on these boards have been able to satisfy my sweet tooth offer of $1000 for the Aussie version. I am willing to pay a collector's premium with zero intention to flip/resell.

Very cool indeed (thumbs u Love to find a nice copy of this book someday :wishluck: keep me in touch Tony ;)

Ronnie,

Maybe you can also share with Silverdream how we all have been searching for 3+ years with little to no luck on these Neal Adams books...

I found my copy of Batman #227 the other day and thought of this thread.

P1000924_zps723a71dd.jpg

It's a very modest copy that I picked up at my LCS some ten years ago for $30 or so.

I also saw this page inside about DC taking top honors at a comic art convention in New York. I thought this was really cool, with pictures of Carmine, Joe, Giordano and Neal.

P1000920_zpsa60c65e3.jpg

1_zps7ffc8021.jpg

2_zpseefa2b11.jpg

Very nice raw copy. I've been lazily looking for bargain raw copies the last few months, but haven't found any that both presents well and fall under my set budget. This book makes a nice wall decoration.

$4350 was the final price for the 9.8 #227 that just went through Pedigree. Congrats to the winner!

Very happy to pick up the #224 in 9.8 to fill one of the few holes left in my Bronze Bats run!

Good stuff mate! :applause: