• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

:sorry:

I think this was a great thread. The only reason I thought about just RAKs was because there was a lot of movement in between offers. Nobody seemed to complain about people taking or giving. If somebody saw something they wanted to read, they posted a :takeit: . And usually, those people would also offer up some RAKs. Some were taken, and some were not, but there was a lot of sharing on the thread. A great example was the YTLM trades. People got them, read them, and passed them on.

Wow, I thought Point Five's offer was going to 11:40something pm, not am. I guess I can't read. Too bad I wasn't around I would taken the war books. I wasn't going to be around to put up my offer right away, so I feel like I killed the tree. :sorry:

Sorry to see the tree go. I had been skeptical of it in the beginning, but I saw it turn around. Yes there were some bumps in the road, but I felt this was a good thread. Wish I could have jumped in earlier on another offer too. Oh well, hopefully at some point the tree will return.

Wow, I thought Point Five's offer was going to 11:40something pm, not am. I guess I can't read. Too bad I wasn't around I would taken the war books. I wasn't going to be around to put up my offer right away, so I feel like I killed the tree. :sorry:

Sorry to see the tree go. I had been skeptical of it in the beginning, but I saw it turn around. Yes there were some bumps in the road, but I felt this was a good thread. Wish I could have jumped in earlier on another offer too. Oh well, hopefully at some point the tree will return.

Based on Swick's comments, it seems like the thread doesn't HAVE to die. He just doesn't want to have to worry about updating all the offers, judging rules, etc. But I don't know of anyone who would want to put in all the work that he did. lol

"RAK" : RANDOM ACT of KINDNESS: :foryou:

:: OFFERS (CLAIMS) ::

kav

fmaz

tilleycs (porcupine48)

kav

youmechooz (01TheDude) : YTLM

fmaz (tilleycs)

kav (01TheDude)

Shadow Images (Jester Hats)

Shadow Images (manicnerd)

Shadow Images (Meeklo)

kav (Shadow Images)

Barth (Shadow Images)

jaeldubyoo (CAHokie)

kav (porcupine48)

Venom (chaseman210)

fiberbiskit (Warlord)

ajulliay (techtre2003)

Leroys311 (ebtorres)

aelelarkin (Leroys311)

Shadow Images (shazzzam)

SpideyFein (Shadow Images)

Scturo (kav)

CAHokie (kav, Scturo)

Mayor006 (HarveySwick)

Barth (kav)

neopacket (kav)

ItsJustRyan (Barth)

Shadow Images (Mayor006)

maloney414 (ItsJustRyan)

techvoodoo (maloney414, nnill01)

Jiminy_Cricket/Boboset (jsilverjanet)

neopacket (aelelarkin)

ajulliay (Mayor006)

Shadow Images (Leroys311)

eeyore787 (techvoodoo, neopacket)

kav (Kystix)

Battlerob (ucleben)

fmaz (Battlerob)

Beige (Scturo)

kav (jsilverjanet)

rfoiii (Beige)

maloney414 / CAHokie (313josh)

Boboset (1Cool)

Collect0r (01TheDude)

Mayor006 (boatfund)

Scturo (ebtorres)

Chip Cataldo (Leroys311)

Scturo x2 (fmaz)

Meeklo x4(Scturo, ebtorres, horsehater27, Barth)

Shadow Images (Barth)

kav (Red84)

fmaz (scturo)

DeadPoolJr. (Gunnz)

Tom473 (ParamagicFF)

Shadow Images x3 (Tom473, DeadPoolJr.)

ebtorres (eeyore787)

Shadow Images (Kystix)

kav (stanley1883)

kav (toro)

1Cool (Shadow Images)

Leroys311 (Revat)

kav (Kystix)

ItsJustRyan (shazzzam)

kav (comicalgems)

Beige (1Cool)

ajulliay (CAHokie)

Jazzno (stanley1883)

Tom473 (Beige)

nnill01 (Jazzno)

Chip Cataldo (Chris S.)

Chip Cataldo (Barth)

erazer (youmechooz)

scturo (Ducky13)

nnill01 (neopacket)

Jiminy_Cricket (kav)

WebSlinger (Kav (boboset))

Jiminy_Cricket (Warlord)

erazer (Jiminy_Cricket)

techvoodoo (fmaz)

techvoodoo (Columbia Comics)

nnill01 (kazoo)

wasteddraftpicks (roundguy)

Barth (Red84)

Red84 (wasteddraftpicks)

Cemetery (Red84 & mikenyc)

Chip Cataldo (stanley1883)

ebtorres (Battlerob)

ajulliay (techvoodoo)

kav (HarveySwick)

@Captain_Sawyer (Revival_Hoarder)

Spacy (stanley1883)

kav (Beige)

jsilverjanet (kav)

comicalgems (HarveySwick)

1Cool (comicalgems)

stanley1883 (1Cool)

ebtorres (youmechooz) : YTLM

HarveySwick (ebtorres) : YTLM

Beige (Chip Cataldo)

:bump:

If the boards decide to keep it going I think The Giving Tree is still a nice name because it would be about giving and expecting nothing in return.

Also would be nice if the name were to be changed... and not saying it should be...but if it is changed, I think a new name would do well to reflect Justin's contributions to this thread by honoring him in some way if possible.

You guys are killing the tree!

I won't allow it!

From the dawn of time, man has stared up at the sky and wondered, "What? What? WHAT DO I HAVE TO GIVE MY FELLOW MAN?!?" and for the eons many had tried and failed to answer this question. Aristotle? No. Socrates? I dare say not! Coprenicus? Never!

It was not until hundreds of years later from the dimly lit room from whence he stares at his hands before he writes that one man, dared to believe he could make the difference with a simple and yet complciated dream of uniting his fellow comic book enthusiasts and collectors in a game of giving and receiving comic books. Receive a package, send a package, and make a few new friends along the way. A simple dream that became something oh so much more. A dream the likes of which even Martin Luther King Jr. would tip his hat and say "Now that sir is a fine dream indeed."

LCD screens and broadband interwebs connections made it possible for a man known as Swick, the Swickster, Harve, and a El Capitan Swick to have errrrected a thread in Comics General where finally we could give and get things from each other. If Charlton Heston were here he'd say "Let the tree live damn you! Let the tree live!"

Now won't you let the tree live?

Well, if this thread is coming to a close, can I :takeit: the Spidey RAK?

:facepalm:

:o

See above. lol

Well, heck, I've got this big box o Spidey all packed up with no place to go...

:sorry:

Well, if we ever figure out what direction this thread is going, :takeit:

...But I'm not really sure where everything stands right now....