• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

After seeing all the activity last night I assumed someone had grabbed the War books. Hopefully there is a war fan who has not seen it yet.

+1

I figured with that many new posts there would be something actually occurring, alas it was 80 comments with 45 of them I didn't waste time toggling.

Morning all... let's bring my offer back to the top. :shy: Note some additional bonus books and options in the modern lot. Hope something here finds a good home!

Offered up is your choice of one of two comic lots:

grayline.jpg

Option 1: IMAGE IS EVERYTHING

Two sets of recent Image series, fun reads both: Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1-6 and Clone #1-4.

These are all first prints, average grade NM... maybe one or two issues will have (discreet) flaws dropping them a touch below the NM range. Really nice sets. The #1s of both series are extremely sharp copies.

(Pics are stock images, for quick representational purposes. I'll stand behind the grading.)

2u88lr7.jpg

3328ah2.jpg

Bonus! Your option to add up to three of the following issues to the modern lot. All are VF to NM range (majority are NM range) unless indicated. You can also swap out the Clone quartet for four more of these:

Walking Dead #103 Giarrusso Variant

Injustice Gods Among Us Year One #1, #2 (both 2nd prints)

Bedlam #1, #2, #3 (1st prints)

The Activity #1

Black Beetle #2 (Dark Horse/Francavilla)

Life With Archie #36 (Allred, Hughes covers)

The Westwood Witches #1

Sixth Gun #3, #14

Ultimate Spiderman #152 (J Scott Campbell Black Cat cover), 7.5/8.0

Nowhere Men #2 (2nd print), #3 (1st print)

Batman #7 New 52 1st print in 6.5, #8 1st print in 8.5

Letter 44 #1

Todd the Ugliest Kid #1 2nd print (different cover)

Thief of Thieves #1 2nd print

The Damned: Prodigal Sons #1

grayline.jpg

Option 2: GIVE WAR A CHANCE

A lot of six 1950s war comics: four Atlas, one Harvey, one Charlton.

Fascinating historical reads with some cool art. Some of these are lower-grade, but generally they have nicer-than-average eye appeal for 1950s comics, flat with good gloss and not a ton of color-breaking defects. Click on the pics!

battle27thumb.jpg battlefront1thumb.jpgbattlefront10thumb.jpgnavycombat6thumb.jpgtruewar4thumb.jpgusfightingairforce6thumb.jpg

Battle #27 in 4.5. Strong midgrade appearance. Light paper loss to bottom 2" of spine. Back cover

Battlefront #1 in qualified 5.0. Pretty book, excellent eye appeal. There's a coupon cut from the bottom of an interior ad page ("How To Hypnotize..."), affecting a text page but no art pages. Stylish Russ Heath cover. Back cover

Battlefront #10 in 2.5/3.0. Spine split at bottom, tanning to cover edges though interior pages are OW. Back cover

Navy Combat #6 in 1.8. Looks closer to midgrade, but piece missing URC. Back cover

True War Experiences #4 in 7.5/8.0. High-grade Harvey book with vibrant colors; cover art is shifted a bit (production miswrap). Back cover

United States Fighting Air Force #6 in 3.5/4.0. Decent copy, but the back cover is extra wide with a worn left edge. Back cover

(Note: Taking a page from Beige's book, I'll say that outside the US, 50% for postage is much appreciated but not compulsory... especially appreciated on lot #1, which will be heavy and quite expensive to ship outside the US. For either lot, I'll pick up US shipping.)

Feel like I haven't thrown up a RAK in a while, so how about a...

RIF RAF! (Reading Is Fundamental RAK)

A pair of novels from the 1970s Marvel Pocket Novel Series. Both of these were from 1979 I believe. Fun little Bronze Age curiosities / collectibles ... And some reading material to boot!

Free shipping in the USA.

imagejpg1.jpg

:takeit:

I'm planning to post a RAK this morning.

^^

Will get them on the way to you early next week!

Rather than just doing a :bump: to keep this thread on the front page, might as well throw up another RAK.

UNTOLD BOX OF SPIDEY RAK

This box is "Untold" in two senses of the word - first, it will start with the full run of the very enjoyable Untold Tales of Spider-Man series ...and since that's just 25 or so books, the box will also be filled with other Spidey one-shots and limited series, which I'm not going to tell you...in keeping with the "untold" theme! Free shipping in the US. Sorry international friends, this will be a really heavy box otherwise I'd love to offer it to you too!

imagejpg1-2.jpg

A couple a' RAKs.

Batman 14-17 (the "Death of the Family" arc - very good arc). Got this from the PIF thread, read it, liked it, and am passing it on to whomever would like to have/read it.

photo1_zpscd83a7b7.jpg

For those who read/collect the old pulp magazines..."Astounding Science Fiction", December 1946 (reading copy, obviously)

photo2_zps61698e34.jpg

Free shipping in the US.

I'd like to :takeit: on the science fiction mag....

And will post a RAK in return on Tuesday...I have massive, MASSIVE two busy days ahed...

Morning all... let's bring my offer back to the top. :shy: Note some additional bonus books and options in the modern lot. Hope something here finds a good home!

Offered up is your choice of one of two comic lots:

grayline.jpg

Option 1: IMAGE IS EVERYTHING

Two sets of recent Image series, fun reads both: Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth #1-6 and Clone #1-4.

These are all first prints, average grade NM... maybe one or two issues will have (discreet) flaws dropping them a touch below the NM range. Really nice sets. The #1s of both series are extremely sharp copies.

(Pics are stock images, for quick representational purposes. I'll stand behind the grading.)

2u88lr7.jpg

3328ah2.jpg

Bonus! Your option to add up to three of the following issues to the modern lot. All are VF to NM range (majority are NM range) unless indicated. You can also swap out the Clone quartet for four more of these:

Walking Dead #103 Giarrusso Variant

Injustice Gods Among Us Year One #1, #2 (both 2nd prints)

Bedlam #1, #2, #3 (1st prints)

The Activity #1

Black Beetle #2 (Dark Horse/Francavilla)

Life With Archie #36 (Allred, Hughes covers)

The Westwood Witches #1

Sixth Gun #3, #14

Ultimate Spiderman #152 (J Scott Campbell Black Cat cover), 7.5/8.0

Nowhere Men #2 (2nd print), #3 (1st print)

Batman #7 New 52 1st print in 6.5, #8 1st print in 8.5

Letter 44 #1

Todd the Ugliest Kid #1 2nd print (different cover)

Thief of Thieves #1 2nd print

The Damned: Prodigal Sons #1

grayline.jpg

Option 2: GIVE WAR A CHANCE

A lot of six 1950s war comics: four Atlas, one Harvey, one Charlton.

Fascinating historical reads with some cool art. Some of these are lower-grade, but generally they have nicer-than-average eye appeal for 1950s comics, flat with good gloss and not a ton of color-breaking defects. Click on the pics!

battle27thumb.jpg battlefront1thumb.jpgbattlefront10thumb.jpgnavycombat6thumb.jpgtruewar4thumb.jpgusfightingairforce6thumb.jpg

Battle #27 in 4.5. Strong midgrade appearance. Light paper loss to bottom 2" of spine. Back cover

Battlefront #1 in qualified 5.0. Pretty book, excellent eye appeal. There's a coupon cut from the bottom of an interior ad page ("How To Hypnotize..."), affecting a text page but no art pages. Stylish Russ Heath cover. Back cover

Battlefront #10 in 2.5/3.0. Spine split at bottom, tanning to cover edges though interior pages are OW. Back cover

Navy Combat #6 in 1.8. Looks closer to midgrade, but piece missing URC. Back cover

True War Experiences #4 in 7.5/8.0. High-grade Harvey book with vibrant colors; cover art is shifted a bit (production miswrap). Back cover

United States Fighting Air Force #6 in 3.5/4.0. Decent copy, but the back cover is extra wide with a worn left edge. Back cover

(Note: Taking a page from Beige's book, I'll say that outside the US, 50% for postage is much appreciated but not compulsory... especially appreciated on lot #1, which will be heavy and quite expensive to ship outside the US. For either lot, I'll pick up US shipping.)

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

I think this thread has run it's course. :sorry:

As I said a couple of weeks ago when the thread was stalled, I don't know if these type of threads really can work. There will always be people who take advantage of the generosity of others no matter how many rules are put in place. Because of that, there will always be criticism and questioning of anyone's offer unless an AF15 was offered up. :insane:

I don't want to track it anymore. If someone wants to continue this thread, they could start a new thread in one of the Test Subforums by copying and pasting the list of Offers/Claims and RAK's and the community could update and track it. NOT in Comics General. There are already enough of these threads there. If someone wants to put in that effort, I'll post a link in the second post. For the most part, it's been a fun couple of months. :foryou:

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news: