• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

I thought that since the SF books were sold off long before CGC, some of them are scattered and unaccounted for. I can't recall hearing any were stolen, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Sqeggs

I thought that since the SF books were sold off long before CGC, some of them are scattered and unaccounted for. I can't recall hearing any were stolen, but I could be wrong.

Most of the main peds were sold off long before cgc :baiting:

But some of those are unaccounted for as well! :D

I think he is referring to the fact/rumor/conjecture that there are some SF key issues whose whereabouts aren't known.

Let's get Beerbohm back; I'm sure he can enlighten us!

But some of those are unaccounted for as well! :D

I think he is referring to the fact/rumor/conjecture that there are some SF key issues whose whereabouts aren't known.

Let's get Beerbohm back; I'm sure he can enlighten us!

:o

Hey G.A.tor

While Pre-Robin Tec Batman covers get all the love (and rightfully so :cloud9:), which Non-Batman Pre-Robin Tec covers do you like best just based strictly on appearance? How would you rank them based only on appearance?

Hey G.A.tor

While Pre-Robin Tec Batman covers get all the love (and rightfully so :cloud9:), which Non-Batman Pre-Robin Tec covers do you like best just based strictly on appearance? How would you rank them based only on appearance?

Hey G.A.tor

Thanks G.A.tor. (thumbs u

Anybody else have a preference? Personally, I am partial to 30.

Hey G.A.tor

Personally, I prefer a few Pre Bat Tec covers over any of the non Bat Pre robin covers.

Dear Mr. G.A.tor,

Ever since joining this board, I have seen the acronym, "PLOD" bandied about, and was wondering exactly what it stood for?

Also, does the Comics Guaranty Company sponsor this site, and/or enforce any sort of censorship on members posts (or, *gasp*, their sigs)?

Thank you ever so much for your indulgence.

Dear Mr. G.A.tor,

Ever since joining this board, I have seen the acronym, "PLOD" bandied about, and was wondering exactly what it stood for?

Also, does the Comics Guaranty Company sponsor this site, and/or enforce any sort of censorship on members posts (or, *gasp*, their sigs)?

Thank you ever so much for your indulgence.

Plod= purple label of death

Yes, cgc and/or parent company sponsor site and control content

Hi Rick,

What do you think is/are the most underrated pedigree(s) in terms of:

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

Thanks for your insight and hope all is well!

John

Hey G.A.tor

I am as well

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

Vancouvers. Folks don't pay enough attention to this ped. Every copy I've ever owned has been a white paged 9.6/9.8

Lost valleys had a great variety and selection of titles, esp 1930s issues. Don't hear folks talk about that ped as much.

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

Vancouvers. Folks don't pay enough attention to this ped. Every copy I've ever owned has been a white paged 9.6/9.8

Lost valleys had a great variety and selection of titles, esp 1930s issues. Don't hear folks talk about that ped as much.

What about Palo Altos?

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

What about Palo Altos?

Very nice 1950s ped.

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

What about Palo Altos?

Very nice 1950s ped.

One more Rick- as for quality, are the Central Valleys underrated? Thx again (thumbs u

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

What about Palo Altos?

Very nice 1950s ped.

One more Rick- as for quality, are the Central Valleys underrated? Thx again (thumbs u

Not underrated at all. In fact they are applauded for their high level of preservation. There are just so few "key" type books that the ped is not more applauded. But they sold for huge premiums so definitely not underrated imo

Hi Rick,

- overall quality?

and/or

- selection of books?

John

What about Palo Altos?

Very nice 1950s ped.

Not underrated at all. In fact they are applauded for their high level of preservation. There are just so few "key" type books that the ped is not more applauded. But they sold for huge premiums so definitely not underrated imo

(thumbs u