• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Gator,

Last month we had a few people posting their top ten dealer lists. Since you are in Florida who would be on your top ten list for Florida dealers? You can base it on anything you want!

0-me

.1-myself

1-new force

2-past present and future

3-tates

4-David Alexander

5-George Alfonso

6-coliseum of comics

7-yancy street

8-ed savitt

9-Greg white

10-emerald coast

Honerable mention -pikes (maybe higher next year lol )

Mark Haspel would be on my list but not sure of his dealer stAtus at the moment.

How did I arrive at my list you ask? First 10 that popped into my head :insane:

hey gator

what's up with cgc's quality assurance dept/customer control dept?

I pay a premium to insure my books are graded by at least two graders and shipped out with care and correctness

I understand the shear wealth of books that go through their doors, but before books are shipped its their responsibility to insure correctness for such a big company right

so

I just got some books back from comic con and for the second time they sent back an incorrect book

a sensation #11 double cover was labeled sensation #97 (?!)

that's pretty annoying as I don't have the time or energy to send this book back for correction

if they make such a careless mistake with this it brings into question just how carefully they are grading my books and how much attention they are putting into it (sorry that its not an action #1 guys) im very displeased and don't want to be inconvenienced in any way

I suppose they are coming to a local convention in late September and I could go there and just drop it off

but

im annoyed and displeased

so my question to you is what would you do in my situation and have you ever had problems like this with them and their quality control

thanks my friend

hey gator

I pay a premium to insure my books are graded by at least two graders and shipped out with care and correctness

I understand the shear wealth of books that go through their doors, but before books are shipped its their responsibility to insure correctness for such a big company right

so

I just got some books back from comic con and for the second time they sent back an incorrect book

that's pretty annoying as I don't have the time or energy to send this book back for correction

if they make such a careless mistake with this it brings into question just how carefully they are grading my books and how much attention they are putting into it (sorry that its not an action #1 guys) im very displeased and don't want to be inconvenienced in any way

I suppose they are coming to a local convention in late September and I could go there and just drop it off

but

so my question to you is what would you do in my situation and have you ever had problems like this with them and their quality control

thanks my friend

:popcorn:

hey gator

so

but

thanks my friend

I've been fortunate not to have any qc issues. That said no company is perfect. However multiple mistakes seems unacceptable. Contact cs and request some attention to your issues

Hey G.A.tor. The S.E.C. blog on ESPN currently has the Gators 11th in the S.E.C. Is it really possible the Gators are that bad? And what will it take to turn the team around?
not sure how I missed.

Gators will finish second in the sec east. Georgia will edge/Gurley them out

West has 4 teams likely better so I see gators finishing 6th at worse.

Hey GAtor, am I right to assume that after the Mile High pedigree, is the Larson Collection and The San Fransisco collection no.2 and no.3 respectively as far as 1)mystic/legend, 2)keys present, 3) Condition of most books , and more importantly(as far as what I'm driving at with this question): 4)status symbol pedigree to own. Thanks!

Hey GAtor, am I right to assume that after the Mile High pedigree, is the Larson Collection and The San Fransisco collection no.2 and no.3 respectively as far as 1)mystic/legend, 2)keys present, 3) Condition of most books , and more importantly(as far as what I'm driving at with this question): 4)status symbol pedigree to own. Thanks!

I'd say SF ranks above Larson, generally speaking.

I think those are three separate questions. (Unless #4 is really what you want).

Condition San Francisco/Tom Reilly is #2 Kansas City is really high on keys present and I would argue Okajima is near the top on mystic/legend.

Ask Gator . . . .

Will you (or do you know of any other GA dealers) be attending Wizard World Austin -- October 2-4, 2014?

unfortunately I have NYCC the week after, so couldn't justify the con... I bet bedrock will be there hm

I would say the Allentown is #2 easily....then Likely the Reily/SF, then Larson...'

Windy City, Kansas City are also nice Peds...

I think those are three separate questions. (Unless #4 is really what you want).

Condition San Francisco/Tom Reilly is #2 Kansas City is really high on keys present and I would argue Okajima is near the top on mystic/legend.

Thanks for your input, really got to the core of each question.

I would say the Allentown is #2 easily....then Likely the Reily/SF, then Larson...

Thanks, not too familiar with Allentown, put I know I have a back issue of CBM that will break its story and inventory down for me somewhere in the house.

I would say the Allentown is #2 easily....then Likely the Reily/SF, then Larson...

Thanks, not too familiar with Allentown, put I know I have a back issue of CBM that will break its story and inventory down for me somewhere in the house.
the allentown collection boasts , very likely, the nicest Tec 27 in existance , the nicest Capt america 1 in existance....all very high grade!

Gator....in the Tec 27 thread started by Rob,someone mentioned stolen San Francisco collection books.Can you tell me about this sir?Were,have they been recovered or found?

Jimmers

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with a collection of SF books that were stolen...

would need to see the quote or statement (shrug