• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I noticed this update was completely missed

So who is Rosario Dawson going to play????

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/20/22725/rosario_dawson_joins_marvels_daredevil_for_netflix

This came up quite a few posts back. It just gets lost after a while because there have been so many posts.

At one point, some were thinking she is Elektra. I don't think Marvel has this character back yet until 2015. But maybe they worked something out during the Daredevil rights transfer, and moved that date up.

I've said it on FB so I'll say it here too.

As much as I like DD I really want to see a Punisher series from netflix with Walking Dead level violence and morel ambiguity.

Sounds good to me. But HBO would be better. Spartacus level of violence would be better.

Vincent D’Onofrio Finds Inspiration In Frank Miller's Kingpin

-------------------------

How much did you know about the character before signing on?

I knew a bit about Wilson Fisk. I had seen the movies. I saw other interpretations. But for this, they really wanted everything to be fresh. They’re operating like they have been doing their movies. I’m finding most of my inspiration for Fisk coming from the old artwork, artists like Frank Miller.

Your new friend Downey must have been very excited you got the role.

He was thrilled. My wife actually texted him a photo of me dressed as Kingpin and we got a very, very excited text back.

-------------------------

That is so cool how the actors making themselves part of the Marvel Universe may tease one another about a role. Even better, D'Onofrio reading the Frank Miller material.

:whee:

:wishluck: + Dawson = Elektra

Dawson :cloud9:

I like the look of Rosario, but nothing really stands out to me of her performances. I can see her being the sassy, snappy one-linin' wise-crackin' Alpha Female - but I don't picture her as bringing anything serious to the role.

But, I'm willing to give it a try either way. I'll just be glad when this stuff hits Netflix.

Thank God it's inspired more by Miller or Bendis' runs than Waid's. I enjoy Waid's for what it is - light and fun. But I loved the dark and gritty feel from Miller and even more from Bendis.

This is going to be terrific! I can't wait! :headbang:

Steven S. DeKnight Talks "Grounded, Realistic" Daredevil Netflix Series

If you're a Daredevil fan and this doesn't get your blood pumping, check your pulse!

"...one bad day away from becoming the Punisher..."

Love that line. Really pumped for this show. Who else is going to binge and watch every episode in one setting? lol

After Daredevil, they go straight to building then shooting luke cage, then repeat the cycle with Jessica jones, then the same with iron fist, then do the same with defenders. Its a 2 year process according to the construction coordinator I was talking to on the show. Oh and they might not be in that order

Has Elektra been confirmed?

I'm not sure, but I hope if they do confirm, it is not that Rosario playing her :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Elektra is Greek. Rosario is Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban. She doesn't even resemble Elektra! :D I would hope they bring in another relative unknown actress to play Elektra rather than a well known name. 2c

After Daredevil, they go straight to building then shooting luke cage, then repeat the cycle with Jessica jones, then the same with iron fist, then do the same with defenders. Its a 2 year process according to the construction coordinator I was talking to on the show. Oh and they might not be in that order

I think I remember hearing that Jessica Jones would be the one to follow on from Daredevil next.