• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

Since I have yet to receive a response from him about my 8/12 refund request and it is clear he continually fails to live up to the reasonable expectations of a seller on these boards, I nominate ajaxfarrell for inclusion on the probation list.

I can't speak for the other boardies that are in the same position as me but I will agree with removal when I receive a full refund and I receive personalized communication from him (not a canned mass response) explaining why I never received the merchandise I purchased from him.

Can you recap? What was the original payment date? And you sent him a separate PM thread noting that you were nominating him here?

Of course:

7/9 - Sales thread started (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7845801#Post7845801)

7/15 - I post :takeit: for a clock

7/16 - Received PM from ajax requesting payment

7/17 - Payment sent

7/18 - PM response from ajax stating "HI JOhn, will ship out in the next couple of days, thanks, JIm."

8/1 - PM from me "Hey, just wanted to check in on this. I haven't received anything yet. Do you have tracking info?"

8/6 - PM from me again (original was read) I asked again what the status was.

8/6 - PM response from ajax "sorry for the delay. Got my computer fixed finally. shipping tomorrow. Sorry so short. More later, Jim. "

8/9 (Saturday) - Wall of text with lots of emoticons explaining that he had computer problems and that the clock I ordered was "nearing completion" (even though the sales thread stated they were ready to ship) and they would be shipped out Monday.

8/15 (Friday) - PM from me asking for status as I have still not received the clock.

8/15 - PM response from ajax claiming personal matters and promising the clock would ship again on Monday. He also stated there were 17 other shipments he has not yet made.

8/18 - Another PM from ajax stating the clock has been built, tested, packed, and is ready to ship.

8/19 - Another PM from ajax verifying that he sent the previous PM and stating he will have the tracking number tomorrow.

8/20 - No tracking number received. I send a PM asking for it.

8/21 - PM from me again asking for tracking.

8/24 - PM from me requesting a refund and stating I will recommend a probation list nomination if I do not receive it.

No response since the last message at all. Let me know if you need more.

It sounds to me like you have been more than patient with him.

+1

Seems completely clear-cut.

I was going to give this one more day, but after reading your story, sadly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to add him too.

On 7.28, Ajaxfarrell posted this note http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=349297&Number=7901252#Post7901252

stating he bought the wrong gift card and he needed to sell it immediately. I bought it and paid him $80 immediately.

I also paid with personal PP. Not my brightest move, but I had just gotten funds from someone else and it sounded like he really needed the money.

Please note, I've had 3 good transactions with Jim, two for really nice clocks and one for a book I was very happy with.

On 8./9, he sent me a pm, saying he was embarrassed to say that he had not mailed the card to me, but would on Monday (I had not even asked yet)

8.14, I did ask what happened (I fully expected it to be in the mail) and on 8/15 he wrote again saying he was sorry and I "had his word" that it would be shipping the next day along with 17 other grossly late items.

On 8.19, I got another pm from him (unsolicited) saying he was mailing everything that day.

On 8.22, I wrote and asked if he had actually mailed it (this was just a card that was supposedly already in an envelope, nothing to pack, fix, etc) I did not get a response that day, so I asked for a refund.

On 8/24 he wrote to me and told me it had already been mailed on 8/22 and that once I got it (he said it would be there by Tuesday the 25th) I could return it to him and get a refund.

No card, no answer by 8/28. I sent him a separate pm saying that I was going to put this on the probation list if I didn't get a refund.

He supposedly mailed the card 11 days ago, first class. I was going to give it till tomorrow, JUST in case, but there have been no responses to my pms since the 24th, no refund and no card...and since it seems his responses are cookie cutter, I figured I should just give up and post this now.

I really thought about not posting this at all, I know it's not likely I'll get the card or the funds, but with the number of people involved, I didn't want someone else who has dealt with Jim and thinks it's OK to do so again, to get stuck.

You can decide to pay with paypal personal, you cannot request it. I bought a book from a boardie a long while back he was selling to pay vet bills. I'm a pet lover so I wanted to make sure he got as much money as possible to pay the bill so I decided to take a risk and pay with paypal personal. No issues on either end and he was very appreciative of it.

He didn't ask me for PP personal, that was all my own idea because I was trying to be helpful. :tonofbricks: as I said, not one of my brightest moments.

To my mind, not a lack of intelligence, just trust in a boardie to do the right thing. Most of the time that trust is justified.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that after a loooong delay he will eventually reappear and make amends.

I guess I missed it, but are we allowed to sell gift cards on here now?

Dan

It was in the water cooler, lol.You can do lots of stuff there;) it's the principle;) not the card.

Got it. I suppose selling gift cards on a comic book forum, even if it's in the water cooler, will be a red flag for ALL of us from here on out!!!

Dan

I too would like to officially add Ajaxfarrell.

Here is the recap:

7/16 - I requested 2 clocks and he sent me an invoice.

7/17 - Payment sent

7/23 - I follow up and he says they are shipping tomorrow

7/28 - He says he is having computer troubles and needs a few days if I still want the clocks. I agree that I want them.

8/9 - He says they will ship Monday 8/11 - computer issues are fixed.

8/19 - He says they will finally ship out on Tuesday 8/19 - Family issues held him up.

8/19 - I request tracking (read - no response)

8/24 - I ask if they have shipped (unread no response)

8/28 - I give up and tell him I am filing a paypal claim though I would still take the clocks if it can be worked out. No response

Paypal claim opened, no response to it so far.

Sadly I really want the clocks based on all the good things I have heard, but at this point, I doubt I would ever get them.

Sorry but trying to decipher the AjaxFarrell thread - has anyone sent him a seperate Probation List PM saying he is being nominated? And if so when.

Thanks.

8/24 - PM from me requesting a refund and stating I will recommend a probation list nomination if I do not receive it.

Sorry but trying to decipher the AjaxFarrell thread - has anyone sent him a seperate Probation List PM saying he is being nominated? And if so when.

Thanks.

Thanks - I will give it until tomorrow and then, if nothing new to be added, will put him on the PL list.

Thanks.

Thanks - I will give it until tomorrow and then, if nothing new to be added, will put him on the PL list.

Just read Sky's post and she sent him a separate PM about being placed on the PL on 8/28. Still no reply form him so I am adding him.