• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I just got an email from Forbidden Planet cancelling my order for Enormous #2 Christian Dibari Cover B.

"We have been trying to source more of this comic as we originally only received limited quantities from the publisher.

Unfortunately, we've just been informed that we'll not be receiving any further stock and regrettably we've had to cancel this title on your order."

Sucks.

They have however shipped my order of Enormous #3 Delaine Cover B.

I feel for Tim and Medhi; this whole thing is terrible for a book with a small publisher trying to establish itself. Good news is that it seems that the book will succeed despite Diamonds best efforts...

Weird, I guess I have been lucky. I got issue #2 and #3 on the same week... the week #3 was actually supposed to come out.

I don't think I've ever seen such a screwed up, staggered roll out like this. I'd like to know what exactly happened... I mean, it almost has to be a printing hold up doesn't it? Can these books really just be sitting in warehouses?

Not an error due to production or printing, I can assure you.

My lcs had my #3A and then a week later had my #2A.

Luckily I had found a #2B at another shop that previous week so I am reading as they come out.

So far I own every single copy I have seen in person:

#1A,#2A, #2B,#3A.One of each.

I keep telling my shop to up their orders. Even the store owner was only able to flip through my copy since the shop received two or less each week.

The buzz is building though...

I'll get any news up here ASAP.

In the meantime...NYCC Exclusives are confirmed. Going to be limited to 500, and 2 covers.

And you're all the first to know.

I kinda love this guy.

I want to like this book and I'm intrigued by the idea, but there is no buzz outside of these boards. If I'm wrong, please correct me. However, I've been to 4 shops in the 20 or so mile radius and none of them know what I'm talking about. How can a book no one can get become a hot property? I get that it is early on, but I just don't see it catching on.

And this is coming from someone that spent money on the first issue.