• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Spawn 1 is heating up?

ok seriously.. this made me laugh

But yeah.. recent sales are up

Why? Is there some movie reboot rumor floating around?

Yes.

Honestly though, it doesn't sound promising. Why? Because Todd wants to write, produce, AND direct. :facepalm:

READ ALL ABOUT IT

Spawn has been selling good for me for the past year now, movie or no movie, Its a dead easy flip from 3$ to 10$, but Ive moved them slower for 20++$ even. And they printed how many? 1.5 mil? This is great news, because it really does give hopes for books like Batman 497 and maybe even your 100 copies of Xforce 1 & xmen 1?

:hi: Authority

It's been a while since I've read any IW books; I think I just started on other titles & lost interest. Infinity War wasn't bad, but I started losing interest around Infinity Crusade. Maybe its time I revisit Thanos Quest & Infinity Gauntlet and read all the way thru the later issues of Infinity Watch. There is a new Omnibus out.... hm

I recommend Dangerous Artifacts if you dig Thanos and incredible art.

:hi: Authority

It's been a while since I've read any IW books; I think I just started on other titles & lost interest. Infinity War wasn't bad, but I started losing interest around Infinity Crusade. Maybe its time I revisit Thanos Quest & Infinity Gauntlet and read all the way thru the later issues of Infinity Watch. There is a new Omnibus out.... hm

I recommend Dangerous Artifacts if you dig Thanos and incredible art.

Hadnt heard of this & had to look it up; sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ms Marvel #1 is already at a 6th print?

And also Outcast #1 at a 4th print.. Thats a pretty big achievement considering the large print run of the 1st print alone

And considering the 2nd printing of Outcast is said to be huge, that makes it even more impressive. Good stuff!

And also Outcast #1 at a 4th print.. Thats a pretty big achievement considering the large print run of the 1st print alone

And considering the 2nd printing of Outcast is said to be huge, that makes it even more impressive. Good stuff!

Issue #1 is 100% speculation, can't give issue #2 away

Really? Cuz that also has gone to a second printing.

I agree with what has been said tbh. It's very impressive... but at the same time the print run of #1 first print is obviously top heavy and speculation absorbing. There's no harm in comic creators getting a good head start on what they do so that they can keep going and also really get it out there for people to read. 2nd, 3rd, 4th prints etc are sometimes also just another way of squeezing that extra dollar out of people willing to buy into having a completionist run or making sets. Perhaps additional prints are a money making variant in all but actual name? :eyeroll:

I'm even more surprised with that run that #1 has done so well on the secondary market and not cooled faster. It certainly made me too gunshy to join in with a quick flip. Ah well doh! I really didn't think they were taking any prisoners from the off. The thing is can anyone honestly expect a brand new title to immediately have a 70K+ loyal readership? In other words #1 may always be the book from that series with the highest print run.

I agree with what has been said tbh. It's very impressive... but at the same time the print run of #1 first print is obviously top heavy and speculation absorbing. There's no harm in comic creators getting a good head start on what they do so that they can keep going and also really get it out there for people to read. 2nd, 3rd, 4th prints etc are sometimes also just another way of squeezing that extra dollar out of people willing to buy into having a completionist run or making sets. Perhaps additional prints are a money making variant in all but actual name? :eyeroll:

I'm even more surprised with that run that #1 has done so well on the secondary market and not cooled faster. It certainly made me too gunshy to join in with a quick flip. Ah well doh! I really didn't think they were taking any prisoners from the off. The thing is can anyone honestly expect a brand new title to immediately have a 70K+ loyal readership? In other words #1 may always be the book from that series with the highest print run.

In the case of Outcast (and some other Skybound books; Manifest Destiny especially comes to mind), they could be creating a variant of sorts with the reprints, but they're choosing to keep the same cover art while adding an indication that it's not the first print. I think that's as reader-friendly as could be expected.

Not really. I think this is more of a fluke.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=infinity+war&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

The only reason I can see any more attention now than a couple weeks ago is because Chuck mentioned it in one of his email's. I think he fell off the wagon too because he still sells them for $3 each BEFORE the discount.

Is it bad I haven't heard of 50% of these titles...? haha

Is this accurate? If so, wow. I had no idea.

#9 DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE (MARVEL 2012) Super hot 4 issue mini-series which is now selling for up to $150.00 a set after 2 years of release.

Just wanted to reach out and suggest THIS LISTING for all you Spawn #1 speculators out there. I ordered 15 copies last week from this guy and got them today and they were all VF+/NM. Maybe 1 or 2 9.8s but certainly great deal if you're buying bulk. Seems like he has plenty left but at the rate he's going he'll probably run out soon. He combines shipping too

At that price, even with the shipping charges, there is some meat on the bone if you are willing to wait a while. Honestly, other thn cgc 9.8s I wonder how good an ebay book that can be as there are always so many for sale. Seems like a good $10 show book if Todd M. is doing autographs.

Not really. I think this is more of a fluke.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=infinity+war&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

The only reason I can see any more attention now than a couple weeks ago is because Chuck mentioned it in one of his email's. I think he fell off the wagon too because he still sells them for $3 each BEFORE the discount.

I sold someone here like 30 or 40 copies of #1 for less than $1 a pop last year I think when Infinity Gauntlet started heating up.

Just wanted to reach out and suggest THIS LISTING for all you Spawn #1 speculators out there. I ordered 15 copies last week from this guy and got them today and they were all VF+/NM. Maybe 1 or 2 9.8s but certainly great deal if you're buying bulk. Seems like he has plenty left but at the rate he's going he'll probably run out soon. He combines shipping too

Were they actually newsstand copies with the UPC barcode (like the auction photo)? hm

At that price, even with the shipping charges, there is some meat on the bone if you are willing to wait a while. Honestly, other thn cgc 9.8s I wonder how good an ebay book that can be as there are always so many for sale. Seems like a good $10 show book if Todd M. is doing autographs.

Listing ended now. That was quick.