• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

So will Shazam 1 see an increase in value soon? Currently its doing well, but its not soaring yet like Shazam 28.

The Rock hasn't committed to who he is playing yet from what I have read.

Do you really think any movie with "The Rock" cast is going to do well? Take a gander at his past movies,epic fails every one.

So will Shazam 1 see an increase in value soon? Currently its doing well, but its not soaring yet like Shazam 28.

Do you really think any movie with "The Rock" cast is going to do well? Take a gander at his past movies,epic fails every one.

The Rock rocks. (shrug)

The Rock rocks. (shrug)

He was good in Hercules.

The Rock rocks. (shrug)

He was good in Hercules.

I prefer his work as the leader of the Nation of Domination.

I don't really care if it does well. I am more concerned about the lead up to the movie which will determine back issue sales.

I don't really care if it does well. I am more concerned about the lead up to the movie which will determine back issue sales.

I'm worried that this is what we will be dealing with when it comes to the DC films. More Green Lantern than Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd be very surprised if Captain Marvel books don't get a bump in the short term, though.

A few thoughts.

The Rock was honestly pretty awesome in The Rundown. There was great chemistry between him, Scott, and Chris Walken.

If there was one superhero movie where he could succeed, I feel like it would be Shazam, where he's playing a kid at heart with all the cheesy goodness.

No way he pulls off Black Adam. We all saw his villainous potential as Scorpion King in the Mummy Returns…

The Rock's movies have turned a profit overall, but they're not necessarily the huge blockbusters that a studio would want. IMO, he does very well in action roles where there is humor. He has great charisma. Straight-up serious action movies probably aren't the best fit for him.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

They might have been epic fails in terms of being highly rated but not in regards to box office receipts. He was the top grossing actor of 2013. Even Hercules which was predicted to be a disaster everywhere prior to release was a success. And considering that there have been a long list of average-to-poor comic book movies that have done well at the box office there isn't much to worry about with Shazam.

They might have been epic fails in terms of being highly rated but not in regards to box office receipts. He was the top grossing actor of 2013. Even Hercules which was predicted to be a disaster everywhere prior to release was a success. And considering that there have been a long list of average-to-poor comic book movies that have done well at the box office there isn't much to worry about with Shazam.

$175MM WW box office on $100MM production budget is a failure.

It wasn't a failure, it will turn a profit.

Looks like it already did by those numbers.

Usually a large movie needs to make at least double its production costs to see a profit because marketing costs have to be taken into account. The movie isn't going to end up doing as well as they hoped when it was being made, but it did better than initially predicted by the industry. I would not be surprised if it was franchised, with the idea that a new director could turn it into an actual blockbuster.

It wasn't a failure, it will turn a profit.

Looks like it already did by those numbers.

yeah, if the movie theaters didn't take their 50%+ cut of the box office and the studio spent negative $ on prints and ads. this movie would have to have done $300MM WW to break even.

The Rock rocks. (shrug)

He was good in Hercules.

I prefer his work as the leader of the Nation of Domination.

I prefer Owen Hart's work in the Nation of Domination.

Shazam #1

Is doing quite well. :grin:

Glad I was tossing 9.0-9.2 copies of these into my ebay grab bags in 2012 ans 2013 for 1/3 guide.