• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 Bullets

93 posts in this topic

I've been reading this series since #1 (I get all new VERTIGO books), but I've never heard that it was ending wiht #100. When was this info put out?

I heard it straight from Azzarello's mouth last year at Dynamic Forces Fan Fest. thumbsup2.gif

I'm looking forward to giving this book another try. Something about it turns me off, but I keep an open mind to things. I remember flipping through the first issue when it came out but didn't buy it. I got the first 4-issue trade, but it didn't grab me. The street talk hit too many false notes, but I like the marked-bullet idea. Other people have told me it really takes off in the teens, and I want to give it another chance sooner or later. The good news is that if I like it I get to read 60 issues at once all with that "new discovery" glow.

Do you guy's know where you can pick up Risso's art on-line ?? really fancy a piece hanging on my wall

Here you go - RedSector Art thumbsup2.gif His art is much more stunning in person and in B&W. His inking is some of the cleanest you will ever see.

I know he's from Argentina but does he live there now ??

Yes. He still lives in Argentina. His agent, Enrico Salvini, is from Italy. Eduardo only occassionally makes the trip to US (usually for San Diego Con).

Check here for a scan of the commission he did for me - Top Row, Third In

Thanks for the link - purchased page 1 from issues 13, 24 & 34 this morning thumbsup2.gif.

Thanks for the link - purchased page 1 from issues 13, 24 & 34 this morning thumbsup2.gif.

Congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What are the page #'s? Was Enrico as easy to deal with as I said?

1st page from each. Dealing with Enrico was a delight; he was prompt, courteous & professional....can’t wait for these pieces to arrive.

Edited by Fandango

Bumping this thread because of the recent announcement that 100 bullets is in development (along with some other DC titles) but also because this is one of my favorite titles and figured others might like to discuss it.

Was just about to start a 100 Bullets thread & found this one. With it being one of the 9 (or was it 11) titles that Warner Bros has in development, you would think there would be some good discussion.

I would have much preferred a TV series for the book, but hopefully a movie can be done to do it justice. I've always been surprised that there is so little talk about this series as it is by far my favorite modern series. Great characters, a storyline that always keeps you guessing & some of the nicest art ever.

With a book that has so many notable characters & first appearances it's crazy that there is no investment discussion about the different Minute Men characters. Issue #1 is really the only book to have any value, but there are a ton of firsts throughout the first 50 issues that could all pop depending on who is focused on in the movie.

There's no way a 2 hour movie can be made of a 100 issue comic series, especially one as convoluted as 100 bullets. Not without changing and cutting so much of the lot that it essentially becomes a completely different story.

Not that it wouldn't be good - but perhaps too different to mean much of a price bump for the books?

There's no way a 2 hour movie can be made of a 100 issue comic series, especially one as convoluted as 100 bullets. Not without changing and cutting so much of the lot that it essentially becomes a completely different story.

Not that it wouldn't be good - but perhaps too different to mean much of a price bump for the books?

Yeah, I agree. I'm hopeful that it still somehow ends up as an HBO/Showtime series. That would be the only way to do it justice.

Like others have mentioned, the first 15-20 issues were ok, but it really started to roll once all the stories started to roll into each other. The last 50-60 issues were just unbelievable.

Bumping this thread because of the recent announcement that 100 bullets is in development (along with some other DC titles) but also because this is one of my favorite titles and figured others might like to discuss it.

Was just about to start a 100 Bullets thread & found this one. With it being one of the 9 (or was it 11) titles that Warner Bros has in development, you would think there would be some good discussion.

I would have much preferred a TV series for the book, but hopefully a movie can be done to do it justice. I've always been surprised that there is so little talk about this series as it is by far my favorite modern series. Great characters, a storyline that always keeps you guessing & some of the nicest art ever.

With a book that has so many notable characters & first appearances it's crazy that there is no investment discussion about the different Minute Men characters. Issue #1 is really the only book to have any value, but there are a ton of firsts throughout the first 50 issues that could all pop depending on who is focused on in the movie.

HBO should just buy the VERTIGO catalog. They could have YEARS of hit t.v. series (and DVD sales).

100 BULLETS

PREACHER

Y

Sandman (with special effects what they are now, WOW)

Lucifer

just a list of some of my favorites (and fan favorites) that would go over well if they followed the already laid out hit storyline. 2c

I completely agree, that there is some good investment opportunities because of the multiple 1st appearances of major characters. Not everyone shows up #1.

I don't think it would last as TV show, unless they can really condense the content of the first 30 or so issues. Ratings is always king, 100 bullets really takes a while to get going, and the majority of the audience would be people who have not read 100 bullets, and lot of people decide to dump tv show after first few episodes (even after only the first episode) because there is so much competition on tv

I don't think it would last as TV show, unless they can really condense the content of the first 30 or so issues. Ratings is always king, 100 bullets really takes a while to get going, and the majority of the audience would be people who have not read 100 bullets, and lot of people decide to dump tv show after first few episodes (even after only the first episode) because there is so much competition on tv

I completely disagree. I think if you have a different suitcase proposition in each episode while slowly introducing some of the Minutemen mythos audiences would be hooked early.

I completely disagree. I think if you have a different suitcase proposition in each episode while slowly introducing some of the Minutemen mythos audiences would be hooked early.

Yes, I think that's how you'd have to do it. Let's face it, the overall plot of the books is way too much for TV. I would anchor the TV series to the suitcase proposition too - gives more scope for new mini stories, with the Minutemen in the background, the focus being on their hidden identities and then, once reactivated, their relationships with each other. There'd be a lot of potential for someone with a cameo role in episode X appearing as a Minuteman in episode X+5 for example.

Honestly I think you'd probably have to dump the whole Graves and some of the Minutemen rebelling against the Trust arc altogether to make it work.