• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

526 posts in this topic

Who was it that had this copy on display at Chicago?

I sold it to carbonaro so it was he who had it on display. And at sdcc too...and heroes con.

Which book are we talking about?

the restored 9.4 that was a restored 9.2

It was at Carbonaro's booth. Here is my iPhone pic.

Detective27CGC94.jpg

And a fairly lousy but still mostly legible blow-up of the label. Rick, did you ever see the Kane auto on the first page?

Detective27CGC94label.jpg

I bought the book slabbed. It had been a 9.0 ep before I bought as a 9.2 ep

I thought I would put an end to all the speculation about where this book will be auctioned off. From what I've heard, it came down to this auction house and ebay, with this place coming out on top. I believe the deciding factors were the guard dog and lots of electrical poles to paste the fliers on.

auctionhouse_zps9289ad53.jpg

lol

With todays ability to raise a grade of a GA Key by a full grade(8.0-9.0 action 1), why in the world would it not be harder to upgrade book to 9.2 Especially with new and non-dectectable restoration running wild and having the book off the "radar" for a number of years.

a little too coincidental that this shows up post the 3.2M sale. I think it's been decided it's going to auction and that's why it was cgc graded. my question is where will it be auctioned

You know what I think is coincidental to the point of ridiculous ?

If this is yet another instance where CGC delayed reporting a book in their census as part of a request from the submitter I will be more than simply disappointed concerning the ethics of a third party grader that then pretends to offer an impartial grading service.

If the high rollers get special favors from CGC, no matter what those favors are, that we 'common folk' receive then CGC is not impartial. Where do the favors end?

If this is yet another instance where CGC delayed reporting a book in their census as part of a request from the submitter I will be more than simply disappointed concerning the ethics of a third party grader that then pretends to offer an impartial grading service.

In defense of CGC, the reason this is now on the census could be because of the negative reaction to the Action 1 census revelation. There has been no formal announcement that I have seen, but the rumor is that CGC has changed their policy in regards to this.

In defense of CGC, the reason this is now on the census could be because of the negative reaction to the Action 1 census revelation. There has been no formal announcement that I have seen, but the rumor is that CGC has changed their policy in regards to this.

If the book goes from an 8.0(pre-press/spine repair etc) which a market value of say 1.25...up 200K from the ha sale...now it is graded 9.2 and the price goes to 3.2 mil plus. or over 2 million price increase...the reward to alter a KEY GA book has NEVER BEEN GREATER...let the upgrades and the floodgates begin.

Edited by Mmehdy

Good news, if true.

a little too coincidental that this shows up post the 3.2M sale. I think it's been decided it's going to auction and that's why it was cgc graded. my question is where will it be auctioned

If the high rollers get special favors from CGC, no matter what those favors are, that we 'common folk' receive then CGC is not impartial. Where do the favors end?

Where did it come out that this book was held back. It easily could have been graded in Chicago.

Where did it come out that this book was held back. It easily could have been UPGRADED in Chicago.

Fixed it....

If the slabbing is leading up to a public sale, it is logically timed in prep for the November HA or CC auctions. If you miss that window and it's public, you're basically looking at Feb for a major venue.

Any possibility that this is part of the major collection that HA is bringing to market from a collector outside the US? (nothing super high grade listed yet, but there is a Pep 22 7.0)

You guys need to sharpen your skills at deciphering Gator's posts. If he says folks are making a big assumption if they think this book is coming up for auction, the book ain't coming up for auction.

Why is that so ?

Why not?

detective-27.jpg

And here's some more info about the missing book.

Killer, could see this old label 8.0 being the new 9.2. Same can't be said of the Heritage 8.0, it may be close to it's final resting place with the erasure and piece out of the bottom of the spine.

You guys need to sharpen your skills at deciphering Gator's posts. If he says folks are making a big assumption if they think this book is coming up for auction, the book ain't coming up for auction.

Why is that so ?

Why not?

Who is on First Base :P

detective-27.jpg

And here's some more info about the missing book.

Killer, could see this old label 8.0 being the new 9.2. Same can't be said of the Heritage 8.0, it may be close to it's final resting place with the erasure and piece out of the bottom of the spine.

I remember trying to figure out what the defects were when I was looking at the catalog. It looks better than the grade for sure.