• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

sd I appreciate your reply. I am really not trying to start a debate and I do not mean to be rude, however I am sorry you are being a little vague. I checked the link but I am already aware of which issues in that run had multiple prints. Although mycomicsshop has been a great resource for me recently I am also aware some people have a problem with them. So I am not sure are you directing me to buy there? or cautioning me away? or what. So I guess I will look elsewhere on the internet to satisfy my curiosity. Thanksagain.

sd I appreciate your reply. I am really not trying to start a debate and I do not mean to be rude, however I am sorry you are being a little vague. I checked the link but I am already aware of which issues in that run had multiple prints. Although mycomicsshop has been a great resource for me recently I am also aware some people have a problem with them. So I am not sure are you directing me to buy there? or cautioning me away? or what. So I guess I will look elsewhere on the internet to satisfy my curiosity. Thanksagain.

I'm not sure what you're asking. There are two versions of each issue, one newsstand and one direct. Neither is a second print. There is a second print of #52, which I don't have in front of me, but I believe does have this on the indicia listed...hope this helps

Thats a guide to all the 2nd printings for Marvel's GI Joe

Does yours say 2nd printing on the indica?

sd2416: cool; thank you for clarifying what you meant. No, my comics do not say 2nd print on the indicia. They are direct editions with a solid black spider-man head in the lower left corner box on the cover. The price sticker is the "Marvel M".

I just picked up a nice piece of G.I. Joe art for my collection. I think long ago I had posted the Destro back cover painting by David Michael Beck. Earlier tonight I picked up the back cover painting of Cobra Commander. I personally think it's the 2nd best one of Beck's run behind the iconic Snake Eyes painting. I also just reposted the Destro that can be found in my gallery as well.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1155107

sd2416: cool; thank you for clarifying what you meant. No, my comics do not say 2nd print on the indicia. They are direct editions with a solid black spider-man head in the lower left corner box on the cover. The price sticker is the "Marvel M".

It sounds like you have first print direct editions-These dont sound like second prints.

I didn't realize the whole MArvel run was completed in TPB format. For some reason I thought that was the original intent and then it was dropped. Guess I'll have to pick up the rest.

Marvel only did trades up to issue 50 (Volume 1 thru 5) however IDW recently reprinted them all.

Currently IDW is printing what they call the "Complete Collection" which are hardcover trades that reprint all the GI Joe: ARAH, GI Joe: Special Missions, and the Yearbooks in reading order. They are pricey but VERY NICE.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-Complete-Collection-Vol/dp/161377396X

I just picked up a nice piece of G.I. Joe art for my collection. I think long ago I had posted the Destro back cover painting by David Michael Beck. Earlier tonight I picked up the back cover painting of Cobra Commander. I personally think it's the 2nd best one of Beck's run behind the iconic Snake Eyes painting. I also just reposted the Destro that can be found in my gallery as well.

WOW - very nice piece!!!

Nice piece, congrats bud

Grabbed some Joe comics at Fanexpo. Found #1 to 14 in a bundle and 1-15 Tales of GI Joe in a bundle so grabbed them all. Also finally pulled the trigger on a GI Joe 155 :) . 154 was no where to be found and had multiple people look in the convention as well outside the convention in Toronto. Anyways getting close to a full run. Think its around 19 books I have left for the main run and a few for other sets.

149659.jpg.1902138b8f99b62207ddc50da8e444eb.jpg

Do people think that GI Joe falls in to the "war" genre of comics the way for example Sgt. Rock or Sgt. Fury does? If not,can you explain why. According to the definition in this years Overstreet guide I do no really see why not. For example it does not really have any elements of the supernatural.Although GI Joe is not during WWII ;I think it is OOAW or SSWS that has dinosaurs in it. Nor is it in any way the horror or fantasy genre. I am not saying I think it really is I just want to see what others think. Maybe I could put it to a poll. Maybe someday GI Joe comics collectors could get some of the recognition that collectors of the war comics do. Reaching here but the original Ziff Davis & King Syndicate names could so why not Marvel titles too?

Grabbed some Joe comics at Fanexpo. Found #1 to 14 in a bundle and 1-15 Tales of GI Joe in a bundle so grabbed them all. Also finally pulled the trigger on a GI Joe 155 :) . 154 was no where to be found and had multiple people look in the convention as well outside the convention in Toronto. Anyways getting close to a full run. Think its around 19 books I have left for the main run and a few for other sets.

Nice pick ups!

Do people think that GI Joe falls in to the "war" genre of comics the way for example Sgt. Rock or Sgt. Fury does? If not,can you explain why. According to the definition in this years Overstreet guide I do no really see why not. For example it does not really have any elements of the supernatural.Although GI Joe is not during WWII ;I think it is OOAW or SSWS that has dinosaurs in it. Nor is it in any way the horror or fantasy genre. I am not saying I think it really is I just want to see what others think. Maybe I could put it to a poll. Maybe someday GI Joe comics collectors could get some of the recognition that collectors of the war comics do. Reaching here but the original Ziff Davis & King Syndicate names could so why not Marvel titles too?

I think ARAH is more synonymous with toys than war. It's more of a fun comic, rather than a serious tone. (thumbs u

I think ARAH is more synonymous with toys than war. It's more of a fun comic, rather than a serious tone. (thumbs u

I agree. The series was developed to sell a toy line but it became bigger with popularity. As to it being a war series I see it more of a fantasy/scifi/fiction genre due to their style of technology and abilities the characters have.

Nice pick ups!