• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

Finally just got read #23! A LOT revealed huh!? :o

Too bad Anders Hind is gone. I thought he was going to take on a role of a reoccurring villain going forward for the book. :sorry: It was awesome that he ate Mercury for two weeks before letting the rich psychos feast off of him! :sick:

So, Em was pregnant when she died and the baby spirit was that of her baby. Now Lester destroyed that spirit and it was "reborn" inside of Em? :idea:

I love this book and I hope they keep putting it out. :cloud9:

It definitely did. Here's my take on the whole Lester/Em thing

I think the baby has a connection to Lester. Either a child of his that died early, or possibly an aborted child he had something to do with. I'm thinking the latter because of him saying "you just wanted to live." Also it's been hanging around him, much like the spirit that was hanging near Anders.

I think Lester knocked out Em. The tool used to knock her out looks to be the same as the one he was using to strike the baby spirit in #22. I'm thinking that he facilitated the bonding of the two and dragged her to dorms. To him, she's the Cypress girl that's still in college and he's seen her on campus, IIRC. If it was the Rash guy, he would have taken her to his camper.

Just a thought.

Wait, I'm confused. I'll have to go back and reread it.

I thought the scene of Em getting knocked out was in the past. That they're starting to give you clues of how she was murdered? (shrug)

I thought Lester saying "you just wanted to live" was him feeling sad that he ended the spirit's existence and then realizing it was not a malicious or evil spirit meaning to harm him or his dog. It was just trying to live. You think the scene of Em being knocked out by the river was current events? hm

But, how would he bond the spirit of the baby to Em? Didn't he end it's existence with the dreamcatcher?