• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Look at the low grade Kid Colts in the 90's go for $50+ each! These bidders are insane !

Probably after getting all the hero's keys, collectors then start shifting focus to non traditional keys such as westerns....

Either that or Westerns are simply making a come back! sEvv511.gif

Look at the low grade Kid Colts in the 90's go for $50+ each! These bidders are insane !

Probably after getting all the hero's keys, collectors then start shifting focus to non traditional keys such as westerns....

Either that or Westerns are simply making a come back! sEvv511.gif

That's exactly how it happened for me.

I got the main Marvel hero stuff I wanted and then branched out to pre-hero and westerns. I have really enjoyed them!

Atlas westerns are some of the few bargains left in collecting. Here are a few of my favorite western covers..... though not quite as powerful as that awesome Heath example just posted in GA. It's a shame Russ didn't add more to the mix. Severin did some real good ones.... as did Maneely. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TGW8vf.jpg

QUICKTRIGGERW16vf.jpg

WESTERNOUTLAWS20.jpg

WESTERNOUTLAWS18.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

They closed yesterday, it takes awhile for completed auctions to show up... I see them now... wow!

They closed yesterday, it takes awhile for completed auctions to show up... I see them now... wow!

Yeah, I see them now too but the results look off to me. Assuming these are legit results (and to do so flies in the face of auction results for the same books from other sellers on ebay, or other auction or dealer sites), this guy either has some regular dedicated buyers unaware of FMV or the same two nincompoops stumbled upon his auctions at the same time and got into a bidding war.

Yeah, I see them now too but the results look off to me. Assuming these are legit results (and to do so flies in the face of auction results for the same books from other sellers on ebay, or other auction or dealer sites), this guy either has some regular dedicated buyers unaware of FMV or the same two nincompoops stumbled upon his auctions at the same time and got into a bidding war.

What we all hope for when selling on ebay. It does happen.

Just checked Metro and they're wiped out of most Kid Colts in the first 100 ..... very unusual for them. GOD BLESS...

Just checked Metro and they're wiped out of most Kid Colts in the first 100 ..... very unusual for them. GOD BLESS...

Must be the Kid Colt movie news ;)

What we all hope for when selling on ebay. It does happen.

I had a tracking bid on that lot and was planning on being there at the end to snipe it, until I saw it well over $100 (and my planned max bid) well before it closed. I thought that was maybe a $150 lot. Guess I was wrong.