• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

After searching for a copy of this book for more years than I would like to admit, the elusive gem has been found:

a318ae20-93f9-4f44-82ff-79a3596eb69e_zps1133979a.jpg

Congrats, that issue is a fan favorite!

Thanks West (thumbs u

Congrats Josh. That's a cool and odd title...

challenger2.jpg

The Archive Editions are great. I've got all the Action and Superman archives, I read the 3 Action archives first and now I'm about halfway through the 6 Superman archives. One thing, though... the Action archives only include the Superman story from each issue, so if you're into Zatara and the other characters that appeared in Action Comics back then, you'll have to crack it open.

Hey thanks for the information! I'll check out the Archive Editions. Too bad about the other characters, though.

After searching for a copy of this book for more years than I would like to admit, the elusive gem has been found:

Thanks West (thumbs u

challenger2.jpg

I've got a copy of this one. Not nearly as cool a cover, though.

_57_zps443c164f.jpg

I have obtained a copy of a comic called Scorchy Smith No.8, it was published by Herald Gravure Pty Ltd, Australia, and distributed by L Miller & Son of London, its is in very good condition.

Does anyone know the history of this comic and are there any collectors of this comic out there.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/xemit123/ScorchySmith8001_zpsf90a8f60.jpg ScorchySmith8001_zpsf90a8f60.jpg

Edited by xemit

Thanks West (thumbs u

challenger2.jpg

I've got a copy of this one. Not nearly as cool a cover, though.

_57_zps443c164f.jpg

The first one was signed by Stoner but the other two look like they were drawn by Fujitani or lifted from one of his stories in the interior.

Edited by BB-Gun

That's a very pretty 6.5! :applause:

another round bound for the collection:

cc58cgca.jpg

I have obtained a copy of a comic called Scorchy Smith No.8, it was published by Herald Gravure Pty Ltd, Australia, and distributed by L Miller & Son of London, its is in very good condition.

Does anyone know the history of this comic and are there any collectors of this comic out there.

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/xemit123/ScorchySmith8001_zpsf90a8f60.jpg ScorchySmith8001_zpsf90a8f60.jpg

It's a new one on me.