• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My first post here. Just wanted to share.There is some ridiculous stuff in this thread.

My first and only piece. I took a risk with all the matting but i think it came out really well! Sorry for the phone pic. And this junk is expensive! I cant hang with you all!

WolverineOA_zps979c93a9.jpg

Finally got some new pictures of the office. not all Comic art...

Rifts RPG Main book painting:

190814213720A9UC7OiuFT.JPG

Uncanny X-Force 20 Venom Variant by Paul Renaud

190814213722tn2UVgLKzg.JPG

Been around a while, my 3 page setup from Art Adams FF run.

190814213724ZrDON7yAd0.JPG

100 Bullets Title splash

190814213726vqD9oGrgCA.JPG

Another oldie - CCG Card art from BattleTech and Shadowrun

1908142137271ExUgCA49i.JPG

Wall of the Invisibiles:

zIzDjtpQ_2008140034391.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hi all,

My first post here. Just wanted to share.There is some ridiculous stuff in this thread.

My first and only piece. I took a risk with all the matting but i think it came out really well! Sorry for the phone pic. And this junk is expensive! I cant hang with you all!

WolverineOA_zps979c93a9.jpg

Stunning! Great choices on the triple mats and adamantium ;) frame on this powerful Wolvie image. Visually, the thick black page outline serves as a fourth mat, so the claws popping out of it makes for a truly dramatic effect…SNIKT!

…and WTTB (Welcome to the boards)!

Picked up Cobra Commander today and stuck him above the TV. Thanos has been framed for a long time now but haven't had a chance to take a pic. Fin Fang Foom was picked up today but I reused a frame from a piece I had sold, so unlike most of my other frames the frame wasn't built around the piece.

Cobracommanderframed_zps4ab6b469.jpg

Thanosframed_zps54d58c70.jpg

Finfangfoomframed_zps08ce165d.jpg

David Michael Beck who did a run of painted back covers for GI Joe about a decade ago.

Boris did Thanos for a trading card set.

Fin Fang Foom was painted by Mark Nelson of Alien fame for a comic series of featuring pin ups of events from the Marvel Universe from the Golden age through the mid 90's. It's odd but he's in my top 10 favorite villains and with only 3 published painting featuring the character that I know of I had to grab it.

Some really great pieces!! I really love the Fin Fang Foom painting; it really has that great SA feel to it

I have the pencil sketch and his face looked a lot more Kirby influenced. I think it was just kind of lost in the paint.