• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I couldn't resist this Zip 18 since it's the Wilbur equivalent of Pep 22. The condition is not great but I was glad to get a copy. And of course it's got a terrific MLJ cover by Novick.

Zip-18a-t_zps1d66de72.jpg

That's one i still need for my collection ( this thread is back big time!). I love the "Rattler" covers. Nice acquisition! (thumbs u

I couldn't resist this Zip 18 since it's the Wilbur equivalent of Pep 22. The condition is not great but I was glad to get a copy. And of course it's got a terrific MLJ cover by Novick.

Great book. I need to start picking up some Zips.

Nice pickup! I wouldn't have been able to resist it either. I know I don't see that one every day.

Just going through my collection and thought i'd post this gem today. Blue Ribbon Comics #14, featuring Mr. Justice. I think of all the MLJ staple of heroes, he's the most under appreciated. I think a lot of people just see him as MLJ's 'Spectre"(or worse, ripoff). . Even some of their covers are slightly similar. This cover brings More Fun #58 to mind. (google it). My ultimate issue in the run would be a number 11(train, knife in the back cover). But a copy i can 'live' with has not surfaced yet. But i love them all. Long live "The Royal Wraith".BlueRibbonComics14_zps51b3df97.jpg

Just going through my collection and thought i'd post this gem today. Blue Ribbon Comics #14, featuring Mr. Justice. I think of all the MLJ staple of heroes, he's the most under appreciated. I think a lot of people just see him as MLJ's 'Spectre"(or worse, ripoff). . Even some of their covers are slightly similar. This cover brings More Fun #58 to mind. (google it). My ultimate issue in the run would be a number 11(train, knife in the back cover). But a copy i can 'live' with has not surfaced yet. But i love them all. Long live "The Royal Wraith".BlueRibbonComics14_zps51b3df97.jpg

trust me friend....we want pics :grin:

Any boardies land that nice little Hangman #3 sparklecity offered recently? :wishluck: great book there :headbang:

Hangman #3 eBay

Wow, $768 for a raw 2.0... aggressive price! Looks like two bidders fought to the death past the $300 mark.

Any boardies land that nice little Hangman #3 sparklecity offered recently? :wishluck: great book there :headbang:

Hangman #3 eBay

Wow, $768 for a raw 2.0... aggressive price! Looks like two bidders fought to the death past the $300 mark.

Richie sold two copies in similar cond for 700-800 range. Have to throw out the guide on Hangman #3. One of his copies had tape along the spine.

Hangman #3 eBay

Hey Gino buddy. I don't know who won the eBay copy, but i know who won the copy HA auctioned off last month in the Signature auction :devil:HangmanComics3_zpsaa904f94.jpg And to think, if i crack it out of the slab, this splash page (before pre code was "pre code" is waiting to be seen(This pic of splash is not from my copy)photo_zps7653a61d.jpg But alas, i'll just appreciate it in in't slab, and read the story online on this one. Lots of beheadings and amputations! Gotta love MLJ!