• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,785 posts in this topic

So, no action on my NM-/NM copy of Action #1 1988 reprint, but the VG copy is up to $25 already with a day left. (shrug)

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - VG

Action Comics #1 1988 Reprint - NM-/NM

That's insane. Interesting that it appears the NM copy is cropped smaller than the VG. I don't think it's a case of it being wrapped differently because it looks like the same amount of art is showing on the left.

So, no action on my NM-/NM copy of Action #1 1988 reprint, but the VG copy is up to $25 already with a day left. (shrug)

That's insane. Interesting that it appears the NM copy is cropped smaller than the VG. I don't think it's a case of it being wrapped differently because it looks like the same amount of art is showing on the left.

The VG copy only has one day left whereas the NM copy has almost 4 days left. That probably has something to do with the lack of bids so far on the NM copy.

The VG copy only has one day left whereas the NM copy has almost 4 days left. That probably has something to do with the lack of bids so far on the NM copy.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but when really hot books suddenly cool off, this is what typically happens. I think you would be better off lowering the BIN with a BO; I've never been a fan of the starting bin/BIN...

Would TT 45 be considered Nightwing's Second appearance or DC Sampler 2?

Annual #3.

Deadpool's second appearance doesn't move the needle despite NM #98 being so hot (we point copies of X-Force #2 out to kids who drool over NM #98 when we do shows, and we can't even sell them at $5). I can't think of any Copper second appearances that have broken out; maybe there are some but I can't think of any. Why would second Nightwing be a big deal over any other second appearance?

Annual #3.

Deadpool's second appearance doesn't move the needle despite NM #98 being so hot (we point copies of X-Force #2 out to kids who drool over NM #98 when we do shows, and we can't even sell them at $5). I can't think of any Copper second appearances that have broken out; maybe there are some but I can't think of any. Why would second Nightwing be a big deal over any other second appearance?

I would be guessing DP's 2nd appearance had a much higher print run, but I understand your logic here. I am trying to think of any other books where the 2nd appearance commands any type of $$ in the modern/copper world. Currently I cant think of any.

Annual #3.

I would be guessing DP's 2nd appearance had a much higher print run, but I understand your logic here. I am trying to think of any other books where the 2nd appearance commands any type of $$ in the modern/copper world. Currently I cant think of any.

Isn't Venom's second full appearance ASM #316? That pulls in some money. It's also Venom's first cover, though, so there's that factor to consider.

Annual #3.

Isn't Venom's second full appearance ASM #316? That pulls in some money. It's also Venom's first cover, though, so there's that factor to consider.

ASM #316 has a cool cover overall which is what sells it. That being said, Venom covers across the board move well at shows - you can price the common ones at $10 - $20 and they move.

Annual #3.

ASM #316 has a cool cover overall which is what sells it. That being said, Venom covers across the board move well at shows - you can price the common ones at $10 - $20 and they move.

Yeah, Venom appearances do well overall, but #316 is arguably the best McFarlane cover in his ASM run (it is certainly one of the best 2-3). That helps that book a lot.

Don't forget that Nightwing is just a costume/name change of a very established character as well. The second appearance of Nightwing is still Grayson's 749th appearance.

Annual #3.

Then again, Archangel/Death's second (full) appearance is huge, but it's also his first cover.

Don't forget that Nightwing is just a costume/name change of a very established character as well. The second appearance of Nightwing is still Grayson's 749th appearance.

Annual #3.

Then again, Archangel/Death's second (full) appearance is huge, but it's also his first cover.

True, but that book is also one of those "is it or isn't it" books like #180/181. I think that the appearance in #23 is clearly his first appearance, but the market clearly favors #24; probably due to the cover. So in this case #24 is not valued as a second appearance, but has simply been hyped as the first full.

Annual #3.

True, but that book is also one of those "is it or isn't it" books like #180/181. I think that the appearance in #23 is clearly his first appearance, but the market clearly favors #24; probably due to the cover. So in this case #24 is not valued as a second appearance, but has simply been hyped as the first full.

The market can be wrong and often is. It seems like there are some 2nds that retain some value. I was simply wondering though. I though the DC Sampler 2 came out prior to the Annual 3?

I have a magazine called Comics Collector dated Spring 1984 that shows the Nightwing costume that will be in the comic. Pretty sure this magazine came out first and is the actual first appearance of Nightwing. Great story and article about the Titans!

Annual #3.

X-Force #2 had a print run at, or over, a million copies.

So, there's a bit of a supply factor involved.

But yes, the "second appearance" has taken a nosedive in popularity, across the board. Where second, third, fourth appearances used to command respectable money (like, say, Legion of Supes, or Batman, as a classic example, or J'onn J'onzz, or much of Showcase and B&B)...now, if it's not a first appearance, everyone turns their nose up at it.

Which either may herald a buying opportunity, or the end of the value of later appearances.

Annual #3.

The market can be wrong and often is. It seems like there are some 2nds that retain some value. I was simply wondering though. I though the DC Sampler 2 came out prior to the Annual 3?

Even if it did, Annual #3 is directly led into by #44...it is Judas Contract part 4.

Annual #3.

But yes, the "second appearance" has taken a nosedive in popularity, across the board. Where second, third, fourth appearances used to command respectable money (like, say, Legion of Supes, or Batman, as a classic example, or J'onn J'onzz, or much of Showcase and B&B)...now, if it's not a first appearance, everyone turns their nose up at it.

Which either may herald a buying opportunity, or the end of the value of later appearances.

Supply is absolutely a factor, no doubt. But the people we show X-Force #2s to at shows aren't disinterested because they already own it, they just don't seem to care about his second appearance. And these are kids who are looking at our NM #98s like they are AF #15s, and they aren't motivated to pick up a NM second appearance of the same character for $5. That tells me that if its not the first appearance they couldn't care less.

Annual #3.

Supply is absolutely a factor, no doubt. But the people we show X-Force #2s to at shows aren't disinterested because they already own it, they just don't seem to care about his second appearance. And these are kids who are looking at our NM #98s like they are AF #15s, and they aren't motivated to pick up a NM second appearance of the same character for $5. That tells me that if its not the first appearance they couldn't care less.

One thing leads to another.. I betcha IF the upcoming X-Force movie comes out, and people decide to hoard on NM100/XF#1 and only offer copies on eBay for 100$ or over, you'd have the same kid sweating these books at your upcoming show. That's just how trends are, Supply means nothing when it comes to WHAT THE MARKET DECIDES