• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Action Comics #1 reprints are all the rage! -

Lyria Exchange Home Page - number of watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $132 & 132 watchers.

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $152 & 108 watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $102 & 60 watchers

Action Comics #1 '92 reprint @ $42 & 57 watchers (the better reprint anyways)

Wow. I have at least four of the 88's. I thought they were like $20 books. Bought one last week for $1.

This isn't news. They have been selling well for years. Although I will admit those prices are much higher then normal which was around $20-40 an issue.

Isn't that the topic of this thread? (shrug)

And that would be "than". :gossip:

Yeah I agree.

"Then or Than" I think the point was understood. Had I spent more then 10 seconds typing it I would have been concerned.

i have ignored those action 1 reprints in dollar boxes for years (not that i have seen many, but i have seen at least 5). typical inability to think outside the box blob.

Several books are seeing nice returns including Action 1s, Some Marvel Tales, Detective Reprints, ASM reprints, Marvel Legends and such. I think collectors realize they will never own the original so why not a grab a nice copy of a reprint.

One guy was buying them from me to frame and display. His originals were then stored away. I think the last one was Tales of Suspense 39 Marvel Legend Variant.

The 1988 Action reprints are ON FIRE. Ive never seen a book go OVERNIGHT from 7-25$ to 50-120.00 and MOVE so quick

These are cool books no doubt. Personally, I'd pick up the DC Archive with Action 1:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-The-Action-Comics-Archives-1-Dec-1997-DC-/251630298902?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a9655a716

And spend the money I saved on other cool books.

a crazy time for reprints, however, I would rather have (which I do) the famous first edition Action #1 reprint as it includes all the stories from Action 1 not just the Superman story like all of the other reprints.

But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

Even though I'm a Marvel guy, this was one arc I had to complete. If you are into reading comics, I think it's worth getting all four issues.

But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

Even though I'm a Marvel guy, this was one arc I had to complete. If you are into reading comics, I think it's worth getting all four issues.

Don't stop there. Get issues 26-41 as well, which shows the genesis of the Judas Contract arc.

Don't stop there. Get issues 26-41 as well, which shows the genesis of the Judas Contract arc.

Yup. Classic stuff. Well worth the read.

So when are NTT 42 and 43 going to pop? On my vacation I spent WAYYY more than I should of at a shop for these issues thinking they had already popped and now I'm getting panicky...

Why would they pop? If any book in that run should be heating up it would be 10 and 34 I think. Maybe 39 too

I always thought #21 had a lot going for it. First Brother Blood, pre-Crisis Monitor appearance, Night Force preview story. All it needs is for either Brother Blood or Night Force to make a go. I like NTT 39 too. White cover, Flash and Robin quit...

But for NTT 42 and 43, it would require people to actually want to read their comics for them to pop, and that generally rules out most of the factors that make comics pop. (ref: Marvel Super-heroes 18, first appearance of a bunch of characters NOT in a recent hit movie but still skyrocketed in value) But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

I would far rather pick Annual #3 (2nd Nightwing) over #42 and #43 (not that #42 and #43 are without merit...but Annual #3 is much more important.)

doesn't someone think the name nightwing in 43?

i know, i'm being silly, thinking of olden times when the story arc actually mattered and the fact that a bunch of important stuff happens in these issues other than a costume change like in 44...people would actually want to collect all 4 parts of a major story arc...silly silly silly. i like the covers on these issues too.

oh well, you win some your lose some. if i only had more time i am sure i could have found more at this shop in seattle, but the toddler was about to tear the place apart and I was 1 minute away from my parking spot becoming illegal.

Don't stop...believin'....hold on to that feeeeeelin'.....

Yup. Classic stuff. Well worth the read.

I remember as a young man just dying to get the next issue. I was an Avengers collector and my brother got Teen Titans Justice League. (We split on X-men). I loved the Judas Contract and the Hive. It was such a great time to be a comic book fan. Such wonderful memories as a young teenager. :cloud9:

Teen Titans during that time was brilliant. I realize I could be biased, but it was one of the few books that both of us waiting for every month to see what happens next. That and Starfire was so hot. :cloud9:

Edited by Fastballspecial

So when are NTT 42 and 43 going to pop? On my vacation I spent WAYYY more than I should of at a shop for these issues thinking they had already popped and now I'm getting panicky...

Why would they pop? If any book in that run should be heating up it would be 10 and 34 I think. Maybe 39 too

I always thought #21 had a lot going for it. First Brother Blood, pre-Crisis Monitor appearance, Night Force preview story. All it needs is for either Brother Blood or Night Force to make a go. I like NTT 39 too. White cover, Flash and Robin quit...

But for NTT 42 and 43, it would require people to actually want to read their comics for them to pop, and that generally rules out most of the factors that make comics pop. (ref: Marvel Super-heroes 18, first appearance of a bunch of characters NOT in a recent hit movie but still skyrocketed in value) But if you think they will, don't sleep on Annual 3 for the conclusion of the Judas Contract arc.

I would far rather pick Annual #3 (2nd Nightwing) over #42 and #43 (not that #42 and #43 are without merit...but Annual #3 is much more important.)

doesn't someone think the name nightwing in 43?

i know, i'm being silly, thinking of olden times when the story arc actually mattered and the fact that a bunch of important stuff happens in these issues other than a costume change like in 44...people would actually want to collect all 4 parts of a major story arc...silly silly silly. i like the covers on these issues too.

Yes, but the proliferation of trades and digital comics means you don't have to collect to read. The collectibility of non-key issues is pretty much going to be limited to people putting together runs.