• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,554 posts in this topic

Actually, it is PR # 7 (CGC 6.0). I made a trade so Bedrock owns it outright.It is a sweet copy!!!

6.0? Was this something you just got in the mail right before you headed to the Con? Cause it aint in the Census. I do know there is a time lag of 2 weeks? or so before the data is entered into that part of the front end, the display. A business rule that makes no sense to me, and I've complained about to no avail. Theoretically, it opens up a small window for arbitrage.

Actually, it is PR # 7 (CGC 6.0). I made a trade so Bedrock owns it outright.It is a sweet copy!!!

6.0? Was this something you just got in the mail right before you headed to the Con? Cause it aint in the Census. I do know there is a time lag of 2 weeks? or so before the data is entered into that part of the front end, the display. A business rule that makes no sense to me, and I've complained about to no avail. Theoretically, it opens up a small window for arbitrage.

Ah, so I guess someone who gets a book graded can sell his undercopy before the higher-graded copy hits the census? Sneaky!

First noticed when boardies would be publicly selling books for which they had received the grades, but not the books. No data in the census. OK, I figured, one day, MAYBE two behind. 2 weeks later...

Some weak explanation given, a courtesy to the owner? Time for the shipment to be received? Absurd, the book exists at that point, received or not. Once it leaves the door it should be visible, or the whole model is suspect. Theoretically any and therefore every data point is invalid.

On another note...why don't we become a market maker for options on the price of key books? Can you spin up a Black-Schole model for comics? :baiting:

My impression is that CL 25 hasn't been doing all that well lately. A couple of possible factors:

1. Baker fans are still a relatively small group and most of us seem to already have a copy.

2. Although it's a great cover it lacks the, ahem, sleaze factor that seems to attract non-romance collectors to some of his books.

If I didn't already have a copy, I would probably be willing to pay around $200 for this one. Any other guesses for what it closes at?

I don't see the 5.5 on Bedrock's site, so maybe he sold it in Chicago.

The 5.5 was a consignment. The owner may have taken it back. Rick Starr also had a PR 8 on consignment there.

Via email today, Bedrock informed me that CR #25 has been sold.

Our e-mail to you was erroneous. I do still have the book. My sincerest apologies. The Cinderella Love 25 belongs to a friend who put it up on my wall. We mutually agreed on an asking price, admittedly very strong. I thought he had taken the book with him at the end of the show but in unpacking our show stuff today (in particular in looking for a Pictorial Romance 7 I acquired at the show) I ran across it. So if anyone is interested it is still here. It usually takes us about a week to get our new show acquisitions all scanned and added to the web-site inventory. It may take a bit longer this time as we bought a large slabbed collection of mid to late '60s DCs, including a couple of 9.8 go-go-check romance books.

Had it slabbed at the show. CGC is slow in updating the census. Other books I had slabbed are not in the data base neither.

Had it slabbed at the show. CGC is slow in updating the census. Other books I had slabbed are not in the data base neither.

Rick, I believe this was your copy, yes? From the one a week thread? If so, is the grading strict at the moment? Cause your book looked nicer than a 6.0, imho, given what we can see in a fc scan. I know on-site can be weird, too.

PictorialRomances07f_zps527a0e22.jpg

Rick, I believe this was your copy, yes? From the one a week thread? If so, is the grading strict at the moment? Cause your book looked nicer than a 6.0, imho, given what we can see in a fc scan. I know on-site can be weird, too.

This copy hurts my pants because of tightness jealousy...

OW

Nope, this is the Crippen copy that I scanned for that thread. It is nicer than the one slabbed.

Nope, this is the Crippen copy that I scanned for that thread. It is nicer than the one slabbed.

hm

That's a very nice copy, but I'm happy to own my beater...especially since I collect books with drapes on the covers... :insane:

s1n80k.jpg

There's been a copy on eBay with a $350 BIN for ages. Not bad, but has some writing up the leg of the woman on the left that ruins it for me.

There's been a copy on eBay with a $350 BIN for ages. Not bad, but has some writing up the leg of the woman on the left that ruins it for me.

Think of it as a personalized "tattoo"... lol

Sometimes the writing is interesting, but I agree, it can be a very detracting point.

Seems like an appropriate time to re-post this.

PictorialRomance7.jpg

Seems like an appropriate time to sell this directly to 29dukedog.

PictorialRomance7.jpg

Fixed! :D

Now it's fixed.

Something looks different from what I originally posted. hm