• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

Watch what your actions will do to this thread before the day is over due to this tiny bit of interaction that we are having right now. Trolls are already seeping up from the woodwork just like they did last time we "discussed" something that you didn't agree with my handling of it. It's like a Catch 22 with a double edged sword. :(

Are we supposed to jump right into memes or are we supposed to argue with you first about how it's everyone's fault but yours?

:foryou:

149617.jpg.98c8a54fe31e59b045e79004862fbb60.jpg

Sharon,

Am I reading too much into your posts if I am sensing a tone based on the color I'm seeing you use?

Hector, if I post in Red, it might be time to walk away;)

:o You used his first name! :baiting:

I commented on two people who said something Michael...that was all it was, discussion.

I thought it was a discussion thread. If you want me not to discuss things maybe you shouldn't bring them up in a discussion thread...because that's what I thought the thread was for.

Perhaps you are being a little sensitive.

IF I post something here for discussion, I'd hope to have people discuss it.

Discussion doesn't mean I have to agree does it?

If it's just venting and you don't want people to comment...maybe you should post a "venting" warning at the top so people will know.

I understand that Sharon and again no ill will intended :foryou:

I just wish that when you post your disagreement with someone, you would be more balanced.

Take last week when I pointed out a sales rule violation. I didn't matter that I was fully within my right to point this out, yet instead of stating "why yes that was a rule violation and hey I'm glad it all worked out and everyone walked away satisfied"... you had to tell me I was wrong in doing so. That I was mad or something. Now I'm being sensitive :facepalm:

I'm constantly amazed by the level of favoritism you bestow on certain people... which again is your right. That's not sensitivity... its just an observation. Just saying, in your eyes, I ALWAYS am on the wrong side.

The only explanation I can assume from you doing that is you believe certain boardies are above the stated rules...and the rest of us lowly serfs should just accept that and go on. I just don't agree with you. :foryou:

I actually have no idea what you are talking about...but if it makes you happy, it's fine.

I'll tell you a secret about how I answer on this thread. I have it on watch. IF I happen to be at my computer and IF I happen to see it in a pm, and I read it...and that's a big if lately, I may click on the thread. IF I think I have something to say that I think makes sense...Like last night when Beige asked something, I'll answer.

I used to answer a lot more, but I'm getting tired of the kvetching.

The other day I was called out in another thread indirectly for using first names. I go out of my way to try to learn names because I think it's friendlier. I actually am terrible with names (ask Dan who I called Dave) , so I really try, but this particular boardie, who is friends with the people you THINK I favor (I think, I'm really not sure) thinks that's it's a bad thing...

You can't please everyone every time. Sorry if you interpret something in another way.

I was merely making a suggestion that I thought would help you. Not because I'm looking to favor people you don't like, but because I thought it might be something you didn't quite get and it would HELP you.

Sorry if you saw it another way.

Again Sharon... its not bad to have favorites, but when one of your favorites bends or breaks a rule or does something wrong... it's "just mischievous behavior" and its ok with you.

When its the rest of us... it's "clear violation of board policy purposely brought about by his anger issues" .

There is where your bias is coming in... and you (and others) do it all the time (shrug)

Again... I don't agree with your stance or tactic of doing this... but I still think you are awesome :foryou:

Watch what your actions will do to this thread before the day is over due to this tiny bit of interaction that we are having right now. Trolls are already seeping up from the woodwork just like they did last time we "discussed" something that you didn't agree with my handling of it. It's like a Catch 22 with a double edged sword. :(

As they say I do not have a horse in this race, but people people people.... Let's just sit back relax and take a look around.......

to see this

14409294367_2d107c2fe2.jpg

lego work shelf sandcrawler by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

or feeling like you are in this..

14419497150_fa5f754854.jpg

lego arkham light up by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

or see this

14846122400_7b6e3eb689.jpg

bob mcloud galactus by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

Or whatever you see around your computer.

:thumbsup:

I would like to no longer be known as the passive aggressive one around here.

lol

I do think rule 24B of the p/a playbook states that you have violated the terms of your agreement by acknowledging your superior.

Also in related news, the I Blame Everyone Else Gazette, the I Am The Real Victim Here Tribune and Buzzwords for Weak Minded Quarterly are all working on new issues specifically targeting the "If You Disagree With Me, You Must Be A Troll" crowd. The demand has been overwhelming.

News at 11.

lol

I do think rule 24B of the p/a playbook states that you have violated the terms of your agreement by acknowledging your superior.

Also in related news, the I Blame Everyone Else Gazette, the I Am The Real Victim Here Tribune and Buzzwords for Weak Minded Quarterly are all working on new issues specifically targeting the "If You Disagree With Me, You Must Be A Troll" crowd. The demand has been overwhelming.

News at 11.

Nice lol

Question:

I have a run of Cerebus comics from #30- #54. 1981

Would I list this in BA section or CA? Also, Would you sell as a set or individually?

All High Grade. I wasn't sure to ask this here or in the Bronze section.

Thanks for any info.

CA section - I've listed Cerebus there previously.

lol

News at 11.

I hope my issues get here soon and without sub creases.

The other day I was called out in another thread indirectly for using first names.

Let's diagram this situation:

Park and I were on the phone, chatting. He mentioned a post he had made that he wanted me to see. I saw it, and saw it was funny.

Then, I scrolled a bit back, to get the context, and because this post had been quoted (and believe me...I read next to nothing of what skypinkblu posts), I scanned it, and noticed the above quote.

I thought to myself "Huh. The other day *I* said something about using first names. I wonder if...."

And sure enough, when I went back to go look at it, here it is:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=7989981&Searchpage=1&Main=350781&Words=user+RockMyAmadeus&topic=0&Search=true#Post7989981

Waaaaaaaay too many Andrew's on this board. By Andrew I will clarify to the n00bz that we are not referencing Thirdgreenham, Beige nor myself.

We could just refer to each person's user name....

hm

Too easy?

...and found out that, yes indeed, this post has been notified.

meh

Coincidence? I think not.

Just so we're all on the same page, that comment was in reply to Buzzetta, and had absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with "skypinkblu."

I am ON RECORD as stating that I don't like when real names (that aren't part of someone's user name) are used, because it A. is confusing to people who don't know who you're talking to, and B. can be a tad elitist ("oh, look how good friends we are, we're on a first name basis.)

But mostly A.

The comment had absolutely NOTHING to do with "skypinkblu", or ANYTHING she said, and there is absolutely NOTHING about that post that is "notify worthy"...unless someone was LOOKING for trouble that was never there.

My reply was to BUZZ and BUZZ ONLY.

So, NO, "skypinkblu" was NOT "called out" for using first names, either directly OR indirectly. "Skypinkblu" was not referred to in ANY WAY. She wasn't even ON MY MIND when I replied to Buzz, other than carefully making sure her initial comment to Buzz was carefully edited out.

Serially hitting notify when you merely SUSPECT someone is referring to you is harassment, and should be addressed by the moderators. There's no need for the paranoia. This song isn't about you.

Rupp has a point.

I have no doubt that this post, too, will be "notified."

meh

My only regret is that the ignore function doesn't work when someone quotes a person you have on ignore. :(

My only regret is that you can put someone on ignore, but that doesn't stop them from seeing...and reacting to...what you post.

:(