• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

How does someone get removed from the list?

SIXX_VAN_ROSE PMed me, and though it obviously way too late to finish the transaction, he apologized and that's good enough for me. Whoever maintains the list can go ahead and remove him.

That's how you do it! Removing now.

...this is good. Before I even knew about this list I did a transaction with him that went smooth as silk.... later, when I saw his name here I was surprised...... second chances :cloud9: ..... when deserved of course. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Still no reply from ajaxfarrell after three days from the time I requested a refund so since I am almost at 45 days, I decided to file the claim with Paypal since he won't respond. I know at least one other member has as well.

Technically I don't think I can nominate him for the probation list now as there is not an action that would get him off of it assuming Paypal refunds the purchase.

I am just stating here how frustrating it has been trying to buy something from him. I understand others have dealt with him and claim he is an honest guy but that he takes a couple of months to ship and they are okay with it, but I don't think it is acceptable and want other potential buyers to be aware of what they are getting into.

Edited by zuulioso

Still no reply from ajaxfarrell after three days from the time I requested a refund so since I am almost at 45 days, I decided to file the claim with Paypal since he won't respond. I know at least one other member has as well.

Technically I don't think I can nominate him for the probation list now as there is not an action that would get him off of it assuming Paypal refunds the purchase.

I am just stating here how frustrating it has been trying to buy something from him. I understand others have dealt with him and claim he is an honest guy but that he takes a couple of months to ship and they are okay with it, but I don't think it is acceptable and want other potential buyers to be aware of what they are getting into.

You can put him on the PL is you wish to. As a Boardie pointed out a while back, don't get too hung up on how they'll get off before putting them on. How to get off is between the two of you...it could be as little as an apology.

I'm not saying you should, just that the option is still open to you.

You can put him on the PL is you wish to. As a Boardie pointed out a while back, don't get too hung up on how they'll get off before putting them on. How to get off is between the two of you...it could be as little as an apology.

The only thing that I can think of that would make sense would be to recommend him to be placed on the probation list until every person that bought from him on that thread has either received their purchase or refunded. From what he has said and what others have said I don't believe anyone has gotten their clock(s) yet.

That is sort of like a class action though and I don't really have the consent of anyone else to do it. Does it seem unreasonable? Call me crazy but if someone has a sales thread I think it should be expected that they actually deliver the goods sold rather than just collect the money.

The only thing that I can think of that would make sense would be to recommend him to be placed on the probation list until every person that bought from him on that thread has either received their purchase or refunded. From what he has said and what others have said I don't believe anyone has gotten their clock(s) yet.

That is sort of like a class action though and I don't really have the consent of anyone else to do it. Does it seem unreasonable? Call me crazy but if someone has a sales thread I think it should be expected that they actually deliver the goods sold rather than just collect the money.

You nominate someone for your own transaction. Let others nominate for themselves if they want to.

You nominate someone for your own transaction. Let others nominate for themselves if they want to.

Would it be considered bad form to bump this thread ( http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7845801#Post7845801 ) to ask if anyone has received their clock?

Edit: I just wanted to quote this from his thread:

These are meticulously built and READY TO SHIP NOW
Edited by zuulioso

Would it be considered bad form to bump this thread ( http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7845801#Post7845801 ) to ask if anyone has received their clock?

Those look awesome. If I would have seen the thread, I would've definitely wanted the AF #15 and/or ASM #129. Too bad people don't seem to be getting them.

Those look awesome. If I would have seen the thread, I would've definitely wanted the AF #15 and/or ASM #129. Too bad people don't seem to be getting them.

They do look awesome, but today is day 44 since I paid, so I had to file a paypal dispute since he hasn't answered my pm's for over a week after telling me repeatedly that they were shipping the next day. I would still rather have the clocks but I doubt I will see them at this point.

Edited by mccollect

They do look awesome, but today is day 44 since I paid, so I had to file a paypal dispute since he hasn't answered my pm's for over a week after telling me repeatedly that they were shipping the next day. I would still rather have the clocks but I doubt I will see them at this point.

I agree. I really wanted the clock I bought. Sucks. I know the dollar amount isn't high but I am surprised that aren't more people complaining.

I too am waiting (40 or so days) for a clock. He told me he was having personal issues with a friend and does check in from time to time. The long stretches of no communication is the worse part of dealings with him. My clock is a custom job so I can wait a little longer. I just wish he wouldn't disappear for days at a time with no response.

Since I have yet to receive a response from him about my 8/12 refund request and it is clear he continually fails to live up to the reasonable expectations of a seller on these boards, I nominate ajaxfarrell for inclusion on the probation list.

I can't speak for the other boardies that are in the same position as me but I will agree with removal when I receive a full refund and I receive personalized communication from him (not a canned mass response) explaining why I never received the merchandise I purchased from him.

Since I have yet to receive a response from him about my 8/12 refund request and it is clear he continually fails to live up to the reasonable expectations of a seller on these boards, I nominate ajaxfarrell for inclusion on the probation list.

I can't speak for the other boardies that are in the same position as me but I will agree with removal when I receive a full refund and I receive personalized communication from him (not a canned mass response) explaining why I never received the merchandise I purchased from him.

Can you recap? What was the original payment date? And you sent him a separate PM thread noting that you were nominating him here?

I guess I won't be buying a clock this year for my secret santa gift.

So if ajaxfarrell is added to the PL again, it would be the second offense. Just curious about multiple time offenders.

I looked at the rules but didn't see anything. I assume each case is separate but wouldn't it helpful to note each date the offender was added? I personally would like to know if there is a pattern with a particular individual.

Can you recap? What was the original payment date? And you sent him a separate PM thread noting that you were nominating him here?

Of course:

7/9 - Sales thread started (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7845801#Post7845801)

7/15 - I post :takeit: for a clock

7/16 - Received PM from ajax requesting payment

7/17 - Payment sent

7/18 - PM response from ajax stating "HI JOhn, will ship out in the next couple of days, thanks, JIm."

8/1 - PM from me "Hey, just wanted to check in on this. I haven't received anything yet. Do you have tracking info?"

8/6 - PM from me again (original was read) I asked again what the status was.

8/6 - PM response from ajax "sorry for the delay. Got my computer fixed finally. shipping tomorrow. Sorry so short. More later, Jim. "

8/9 (Saturday) - Wall of text with lots of emoticons explaining that he had computer problems and that the clock I ordered was "nearing completion" (even though the sales thread stated they were ready to ship) and they would be shipped out Monday.

8/15 (Friday) - PM from me asking for status as I have still not received the clock.

8/15 - PM response from ajax claiming personal matters and promising the clock would ship again on Monday. He also stated there were 17 other shipments he has not yet made.

8/18 - Another PM from ajax stating the clock has been built, tested, packed, and is ready to ship.

8/19 - Another PM from ajax verifying that he sent the previous PM and stating he will have the tracking number tomorrow.

8/20 - No tracking number received. I send a PM asking for it.

8/21 - PM from me again asking for tracking.

8/24 - PM from me requesting a refund and stating I will recommend a probation list nomination if I do not receive it.

No response since the last message at all. Let me know if you need more.

Of course:

7/9 - Sales thread started (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7845801#Post7845801)

7/15 - I post :takeit: for a clock

7/16 - Received PM from ajax requesting payment

7/17 - Payment sent

7/18 - PM response from ajax stating "HI JOhn, will ship out in the next couple of days, thanks, JIm."

8/1 - PM from me "Hey, just wanted to check in on this. I haven't received anything yet. Do you have tracking info?"

8/6 - PM from me again (original was read) I asked again what the status was.

8/6 - PM response from ajax "sorry for the delay. Got my computer fixed finally. shipping tomorrow. Sorry so short. More later, Jim. "

8/9 (Saturday) - Wall of text with lots of emoticons explaining that he had computer problems and that the clock I ordered was "nearing completion" (even though the sales thread stated they were ready to ship) and they would be shipped out Monday.

8/15 (Friday) - PM from me asking for status as I have still not received the clock.

8/15 - PM response from ajax claiming personal matters and promising the clock would ship again on Monday. He also stated there were 17 other shipments he has not yet made.

8/18 - Another PM from ajax stating the clock has been built, tested, packed, and is ready to ship.

8/19 - Another PM from ajax verifying that he sent the previous PM and stating he will have the tracking number tomorrow.

8/20 - No tracking number received. I send a PM asking for it.

8/21 - PM from me again asking for tracking.

8/24 - PM from me requesting a refund and stating I will recommend a probation list nomination if I do not receive it.

No response since the last message at all. Let me know if you need more.

It sounds to me like you have been more than patient with him.