• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

Mighty Samson #1.

MightySamson1.jpg

One of my favourite comics of all time. GREAT story. My cousin gave me this in Germany back in the 60s. I read the cover off of it.

Notice that Samson is wearing his liobear skin BEFORE having killed the liobear lol

Mighty Samson #1.

MightySamson1.jpg

One of my favourite comics of all time. GREAT story. My cousin gave me this in Germany back in the 60s. I read the cover off of it.

Notice that Samson is wearing his liobear skin BEFORE having killed the liobear lol

Hey, that just means that the mutation is breeding true, and there's a big ol' HERD of liobears running around.

An early issue in the Gold Key run of 28.

LRGK_2.jpg

This was the very first comic that I ever bought - summer of 1965 in Ottawa, Ontario at the age of 8. I remember the day like it was yesterday...

Not Gold Key, but I can't resist the parallels.

105_zps5b3e4229.jpg

This was the very first comic that I ever bought - summer of 1966 in Dorset, Ontario at the age of 8. I remember the day like it was yesterday...

These guys are pretty hard to come by in HG:

1 in 9.4

3 in 9.2

1 in 9.0

1 in 6.5

Bought this off ebay in the Fall I believe. The seller advertised it as a solid NM. Upon receiving it I thought the same, a possible chance of a 9.6.

(Forgive the pics - too excited to wait for myself to scan it!)

EBAAAB48-3AAF-4B16-80D6-E4C1D1D0CB14_zps061zqbzu.jpg

15B24D1F-DEB9-49F9-80B0-F71B9055F06E_zpsqfr0siyb.jpg

An early issue in the Gold Key run of 28.

LRGK_2.jpg

This was the very first comic that I ever bought - summer of 1965 in Ottawa, Ontario at the age of 8. I remember the day like it was yesterday...

Do you still collect Gold Key titles from the sixties then?

???