• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOW from Image Comics by Remender, Tocchini, et al

149 posts in this topic

I ordered a pretty good stack to sort through for 9.8s and found 2 possible candidates. A lot of front cover creases and wrinkles like others have said. Was pretty bummed.

I'm a big Toch fan.

But it was WAY too muddy at times.

Overall, the first issue didn't impress me too much.

I know they are not related at all, but it has a Black Science-esque feel. Probably bad timing with that book doing so well currently.

Patrick

I thought it was ok. The book has some hype so I was a little disappointed.

Yeah, it was pretty good. I hadn't heard some of the hype, so I probably wasn't as disappointed.

The afterword was an interesting read on Remender's Low creation and his writing a character who's an eternal optimist.

I tried to read the first issue and couldn't get through it all. I enjoy most of Remender's stuff but the art was distracting and actually gave me a headache.

I should of known based on Tochini's previous work on uncanny x-force that I wouldn't enjoy this but I was hoping I could get by on just the story alone.

I tried to read the first issue and couldn't get through it all.

I gotta say I felt the same way. I'm not sure why but I completely lost interest with the book halfway through. Story seemed ok and the artwork wasn't terrible but I was just not into it... pity since I had hope for this one. (shrug)

I liked the art. The splash pages are amazing. I thought the story has depth to it. There is a lot of story to be told in this one. Plus, its Remender! I also really liked the Afterword by RR. Really interesting how he got the idea for this book.

I enjoyed number 2 and I can see the series being interesting. I thought it improved on the foundation of the first and was more enjoyable.

The art doesn't bother me and it sort of fits the mood of the book. I can see why others don't like it, and I wouldn't like it on a super hero book. This book is different though and I'm enjoying it.

Wow.

"Paired with Remender's confident scripting and pacing, Low is nothing short of wonderful. It's tough to imagine this book not becoming Image's next big hit. If it somehow doesn't, it will be no fault of the creators. Low is everything great about Image's current initiative in one beautiful comic." - IGN

Now I'm even more excited.

Finally got around to my read pile(s) last night and read #1 (unusual for me - I typically read #1's within a week of release) and I was really intrigued by the story. I haven't had time to hit my LCS this week, so I'm looking forward to grabbing a #2 to see where this is going. The art didnt bother me at all but I have to admit that the vibrant colors helped.