• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,138 posts in this topic

Some other beauties selling for between 150% to 200% of guide in grade...
If those grade out as advertised, they were a steal. :applause:

I've seen the OSPG come up a long way on these books over the last 5 years, but still not quite up to parity with what is being paid for prime copies (anything VF+ or better).

- b :insane: unty

Some other beauties selling for between 150% to 200% of guide in grade...
If those grade out as advertised, they were a steal. :applause:

I've seen the OSPG come up a long way on these books over the last 5 years, but still not quite up to parity with what is being paid for prime copies (anything VF+ or better).

- b :insane: unty

Yeah, it's crazy. Also there are very few graded copies. The census shows two graded for the Tales from the Tomb (9.0 and 6.0) one 8.0 of the terror tales and one 9.0 of the Weird. I have some nice copies of some of these but I am leery to have them graded, I'm not sure if buyers of these book prefer raw copies.

Oooooh Weeeee, that is a Stiff $200 for a VF MCSS :o

mcss_1_vf_80.png

I've been on the fence about picking this one up. (And #5.) Prices always seemed a little expensive for this one. I saw quite a few unsold copies sitting around with high BINS.

Do you think it's coming back, or are the speculators jst grabbing everything these days?

Oooooh Weeeee, that is a Stiff $200 for a VF MCSS :o

mcss_1_vf_80.png

I've been on the fence about picking this one up. (And #5.) Prices always seemed a little expensive for this one. I saw quite a few unsold copies sitting around with high BINS.

Do you think it's coming back, or are the speculators jst grabbing everything these days?

I think a lot of things... :blahblah:

1.) Marvel Preview #4 & #7 and Epic #3 are getting more eyes on comic magazines in general now.

2.) In terms of CGC Magazines kind of like Golden Age sales they don't pop up a lot in the Higher Grades. And I think this has slowed interest as people are not willing to be so slow about it. I see this changing though as more material comes online. And I don't see more books getting graded being a detriment but adding liquidity to the space that will boost it in the long run.

3.) As people realize getting HG copies are really as difficult as many of us have been preaching they then become willing to shell for the solid VF or better issues because their searches often take months if not years (or more) for some books.

Big Price paid on this Mad #24 CGC 9.0 $510 (last sale $350).

This is one of my top 15 covers of the series (there are so many great ones).

Someone really wanted it.

mad_24_cgc_90.png

I used to have a 9.2 (or was it 9.4? Long time ago...)

I auctioned it for about $325 or something like that. Shoulda held onto it!