• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

For those who don't follow Heritage Sunday auctions this weeks auction has a lot of high grade Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, Walt Disney Comic and Stories.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

:censored::foryou:

My tracking bids went in early on some of those.

Good luck all.

For those who don't follow Heritage Sunday auctions this weeks auction has a lot of high grade Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, Walt Disney Comic and Stories.

Did you consign them? :D

When he posted this, it was his first post on the boards. I would shocked, shocked I say, to find out these books were his!

When he posted this, it was his first post on the boards. I would shocked, shocked I say, to find out these books were his!

He apparently has three posts now, but when you click on the list of his posts, only the one in this thread is there. hm

And the Four Color collection grows!

Nice copy of one of Barks's best! (thumbs u

And it is great to know that the original art has survived and belongs to someone who genuinely appreciates it.

Wow, really? Is there a link to it somewhere? I thought that Uncle Scrooge story North of the Yukon was the oldest surviving original art.

That's a fun cover and one that couldn't be printed today, I bet. hm

I think I've made this point before, but a lot of the Kelly covers involved a fair amount of mayhem. They were more in tune with the DD shorts and less in tune with the way DD was evolving in Barks's stories. There's a noticeable change when Barks begins drawing the covers.

While reading the market reports in the latest Overstreet I came on this observation:

"Dells, on the other hand, particularly the more pricey Barks issues are dormant -- we sell more non-Barks now -- as an experiment we offered all our Walt Disney's Comics and Stories, Uncle Scrooge, and Donald Duck at 50% off (which we never do) -- and were surprised to see not many takers."