• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

This is one's a little nicer :headbang:

Hi Mitch,

That is correct although I've just noticed I put the wrong Pic for the WSF 27. Should be

WeirdScience-Fantasy27_zps50116c04.jpg

Hi Mitch,

That is correct although I've just noticed I put the wrong Pic for the WSF 27. Should be

WeirdScience-Fantasy27_zps50116c04.jpg

Awesome book!

I recently discovered this WSF #27 homage from the Archie Universe (Betty and Veronica never looked so good!):

149576.jpg.a708fd6a25c2e683e33e2644cd958a68.jpg

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so forgive me ...

How many "Gaines File Copies" exist for any of the pre-Trend titles? According to a Pedigree site I read, there were some 40s DC and EC comics in Gaines' collection, but not many, and presumably single copies at that. Does anyone here have one?

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so forgive me ...

How many "Gaines File Copies" exist for any of the pre-Trend titles? According to a Pedigree site I read, there were some 40s DC and EC comics in Gaines' collection, but not many, and presumably single copies at that. Does anyone here have one?

All the Picture Stories titles have between 8 and 12 GFC's, War Against Crime 10 & 11 have 11 copies each and Crime Patrol 15 & 16 have 11 each. That's it.

I just won this on ebay- master list of GFC's sent to interested parties prior to being put on the market. Of note, I am looking to buy a GFC for Shock 14...

That's a real piece of EC history. Is it just the master list, or is it the actual brochure that included the master list, but also contained the articles by Bob Overstreet, Russ Cochran, and the reprinted article from the CBG that first introduced the Gaines File copies?

I just won this on ebay- master list of GFC's sent to interested parties prior to being put on the market. Of note, I am looking to buy a GFC for Shock 14...

That's a real piece of EC history. Is it just the master list, or is it the actual brochure that included the master list, but also contained the articles by Bob Overstreet, Russ Cochran, and the reprinted article from the CBG that first introduced the Gaines File copies?

It contained all the above. Very interesting. The Cochran article (I believe from CBG) was reprinted in an Overstreet a few years ago.

Thanks for the list. It's good to know exactly what he had. It also busts the myth that Gaines kept 12 of each issue. He was actually pretty inconsistent, keeping 9 one month, 10 the next, 12 the next, and so on.