• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Years ago, I saw a double page splash (commission I think) by Dan DeCarlo featuring everyone from the Archie-verse.

It was set in a park with two bands - The Archies and Josie and the Pussycasts - playing on stages. It was wonderful, but I'd spent my stash earlier that week. If you see it for sale, please let me know.

I have been trying to find either a page or, eve better, a cover of the original Speedball Comic from 1988 for years. The odd page has surfaced but they never have the actually character on them.

I would also like to find a cover (or a good page) of the Diana Prince run of Wonder Woman comics from the 70's (#178-204).

This all said I might simply be looking in the wrong places as I am not 100% sure what i am doing ;) .

Edited by ignimbrite

I think the Donnelys might have a Speedball cover

Are they not the Coolines Artwork guys? I have been given one piece of advice in Original Art so far and it was to avoid that website.

Well don't avoid their site as they do carry some amazing stuff, but Know everything there is to know about the OA you are inquiring about, including its market history price. If the offered price and the piece are not to your satisfaction, just move on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And most of the times their prices are sky high.

OK, so this is the most important find in comic history!

Who wants to email this ebay super star to find out about... wait for it....

Amazing Spider-Man #1 Original Art!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spiderman-1-CGC-ist-SPIDERMAN-COMIC-Accepting-Offers-at-5k-/231299559593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35da8730a9

Maybe he'll throw in a page or 2 if you pay full price for his CGC 3.0 ASM 1

Does anyone here own or know the whereabouts of Hellblazer 174 page 23 by Marcelo Frusin?

https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/hellblazer/174/24/

Mark Hay confirmed that he originally sold it on Splash Page Art. I figured he wouldn't divulge the buyer's contact information (if he even had it still), so I didn't ask. Would love to own this page.

I'm also looking for pages 14 and 19 from the same issue. I no longer have the email, but I recall Mark saying Marcelo only gave him a few pages from issue 174 and 14 and 19 weren't among them. I inquired directly with Marcelo, but he didn't say whether he was still in possession of the pages, only that if I wanted a page featuring Turro there were still a number available on Splash Page Art. I assume he either still has the pages or has sold them privately.

Page 14:

https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/hellblazer/174/15/

Page 19:

https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/hellblazer/174/20/

Still looking for a nice Invisibles cover.

Here are a few examples that I'd specifically be looking for, I'd prefer a Vol 1 cover over a Vol 2 one. (list in a non-particular order)

If you have one you'd be willing to part with PM or email me through CAF.

Invisibles_Vol_1_4.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_1_17.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_1_22.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_1_23.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_2_1.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_2_3.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_2_18.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_2_20.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_2_21.jpg

Hi guys,

I really wish to expand the Aquaman niche in my collection

and I've always liked this image by Martin Egeland & Brad Vancata.

This was published as a retailer poster and/or house ad:

5392588196_0a20a40f22_z.jpg

Any lead would be most welcome...

My e-mail is:

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gal

If anyone knows where I could find any one of these four Jerry Bingham covers done during the Millenium crossover in 1988, please let me know. Jerry says he sold them long ago...definitely a finders' fee if I can get any one of them!

The Spectre #10

Detective #582

Suicide Squad #9

Captain Atom #11

Thanks!

Bob

image_zps24ba1de9.jpg

and...ta-da! Will have to get some natural lighting photos, but overjoyed. These interlocking covers were on the rack the first time I went into my local comic book store at 95th and Kedzie, and I never forgot the magic.

IMG_0029_zpsb964999e.jpg

If anyone knows where I could find any one of these four Jerry Bingham covers done during the Millenium crossover in 1988, please let me know. Jerry says he sold them long ago...definitely a finders' fee if I can get any one of them!

The Spectre #10

Detective #582

Suicide Squad #9

Captain Atom #11

Thanks!

Bob

image_zps24ba1de9.jpg

and...ta-da! Will have to get some natural lighting photos, but overjoyed. These interlocking covers were on the rack the first time I went into my local comic book store at 95th and Kedzie, and I never forgot the magic.

IMG_0029_zpsb964999e.jpg

Big Congrats!

IMG_0029_zpsb964999e.jpg

Big Congrats! I saw them briefly on ebay, glad they ended up together! (thumbs u

anyone ever see any of the Batman "Death in the Family" pieces around? would love to have one for my collection.

Never seen them. I had heard indirectly that some hard core Aparo collector has them. There were some "unused" Mignola covers that were available from certain Brother dealers.

I do have a good alternate. Aparo did some Batman card art and he did the art on the Death in the Family. Aparo Death in the Family Card Art - Batman Finds Robin Dead!

Malvin

I sold the complete ASM 121-122 books decades ago. One of them was auctioned by heritage a year or so ago.

MI

The ASM #121 cover was auctioned by HA in Feb 2013 (time flies!). It had been gifted by Marvel to their Italian publisher and eventually ended up with an Italian collector.

IIRC, the #121 and #122 interiors are still together in a collection.