• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

For someone complaining in multiple places about this, you sure made out quite well.

i toggled your post because i dont even know who you are and was wondering why I have you on block, lol didnt take more than a second to figure it out....

Anyway:

I am ALL for the mod undoing what he did still. They dont actually remove threads when they delete them. It's permissions just change.

If they wanted to, they could restore the thread, edit the first post blank, and just have let him repost the items in the first post sans illicit pictures. All the takeits would be safe and sound still.

But of course, that would involve pride being hurt, admitting to errors, and accountability....not going to happen on these boards. As for me making out well, in firefox when you go to history and choose "edit post" pages, it still has in memory what you typed. I was able to grab my summary from last time and turn it into a new takeit when he reposted the thread. I basically just got the same books i did last time.

Once I saw the Seller stated that nothing from the other thread counted, I threw in the second black cat and the three Novas. So I ended with four more books because of the mod. I would much rather have one of the mods publicly outed and shamed then a couple low grade semi-keys, trust me.....

For someone complaining in multiple places about this, you sure made out quite well.

i toggled your post because i dont even know who you are and was wondering why I have you on block, lol didnt take more than a second to figure it out....

Anyway:

I am ALL for the mod undoing what he did still. They dont actually remove threads when they delete them. It's permissions just change.

If they wanted to, they could restore the thread, edit the first post blank, and just have let him repost the items in the first post sans illicit pictures. All the takeits would be safe and sound still.

But of course, that would involve pride being hurt, admitting to errors, and accountability....not going to happen on these boards. As for me making out well, in firefox when you go to history and choose "edit post" pages, it still has in memory what you typed. I was able to grab my summary from last time and turn it into a new takeit when he reposted the thread. I basically just got the same books i did last time.

Once I saw the Seller stated that nothing from the other thread counted, I threw in the second black cat and the three Novas. So I ended with four more books because of the mod. I would much rather have one of the mods publicly outed and shamed then a couple low grade semi-keys, trust me.....

Wha happen?

i am always just amazed at the mods on this board, wow i wish they would some day end the anonymous hiding stuff so they could be held accountable.

Delete a post if it needs to go poof, dont trash an 8 page active sales thread :facepalm:

who's ever heard a of professional company's forum with mods who are n00bs

I know it won't happen, but I'd love for the mod that yanked that one post an explanation. This very same thing happened in one of another well known boardies threads and the thread was moved, they cleaned up the pictures and the thread went back.

Lots of boardies, self included, missed out on books because they simply yanked the thread.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

The explanation should be pretty easy to figure out. There was nudity on the cover of over 30 of the comics listed for sale. (shrug)

Blame the OP, not the mods. (thumbs u

The explanation should be pretty easy to figure out. There was nudity on the cover of over 30 of the comics listed for sale. (shrug)

the mod could have edited the one and only post with issues, the first one, to blank (like they are edited during moves, etc)

He blocked the entire thread, absolutely no excuse for it. By their own policies, there were binding agreements/transactions (which they can still see, but we cant) wiped out.

They have the ability to restore threads, they just chose not to. It was an amateur hour mistake and it could have been fixed, instead buyers got shafted and the anonymous mod rides off into the sunset, buying books he missed in the thread for all we know.

Edited by CBT

the mod could have edited his post to blank (like they are edited during moves, etc

He blocked the entire thread, absolutely no excuse for it. By their own policies, there were binding agreements/transactions (Which they can still see, but we cant) wiped out.

They have the ability to restore threads, they just chose not to. It was amateur hour mistake and it could have been fixed, instead buyers got shafted and the anonymous mod rides off into the sunset, buying books he missed in the thread for all we know.

Yeesh...

i am always just amazed at the mods on this board, wow i wish they would some day end the anonymous hiding stuff so they could be held accountable.

Delete a post if it needs to go poof, dont trash an 8 page active sales thread :facepalm:

I know it won't happen, but I'd love for the mod that yanked that one post an explanation. This very same thing happened in one of another well known boardies threads and the thread was moved, they cleaned up the pictures and the thread went back.

Lots of boardies, self included, missed out on books because they simply yanked the thread.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

Totally agree. I missed out on a handful of books as well. There HAD to have been a better way to handle that.

Remember when Paul was selling some of the coolest Pulps? Pulps from the 60s?

They pulled that not two years ago for it never to return and I think Paul got a strike / wristslap for continually posting the sales thread. This isn't new moderation techniques, they have always pulled nude cover sale threads when notified. One time and only one time did a thread come back.

If anyone has any cool sexy books like the ones I just described that Paul was selling, send me a PM instead of creating a sales thread. Makes things go a lot easier.

This isn't new moderation techniques, they have always pulled nude cover sale threads when notified.

this was several books, within a sales thread, that was already 8 pages deep and over 50% sold. It was a stupid thing to do, and if they have done it before, repeating it doesnt make it any smarter. I am not saying there should have been no moderation, I am saying mods shouldnt be able to anonymously cancel completed sales (which were not of any of the books that the moderation even happened over)

they have the power to blank a post as easily as wiping the whole thread. I'd be happy to have the mod come forward and explain why that was not done. Of course, he could let us know that he wasnt bidding in the thread before or after he did it too....

I'm not sure I understand your point (handing CBT a shovel)

Anyway:

the mod could have edited the one and only post with issues, the first one, to blank (like they are edited during moves, etc)

He blocked the entire thread, absolutely no excuse for it. By their own policies, there were binding agreements/transactions (which they can still see, but we cant) wiped out.

They have the ability to restore threads, they just chose not to. It was an amateur hour mistake and it could have been fixed, instead buyers got shafted and the anonymous mod rides off into the sunset, buying books he missed in the thread for all we know.

this was several books, within a sales thread, that was already 8 pages deep and over 50% sold. It was a stupid thing to do, and if they have done it before, repeating it doesnt make it any smarter. I am not saying there should have been no moderation, I am saying mods shouldnt be able to anonymously cancel completed sales (which were not of any of the books that the moderation even happened over)

they have the power to blank a post as easily as wiping the whole thread. I'd be happy to have the mod come forward and explain why that was not done. Of course, he could let us know that he wasnt bidding in the thread before or after he did it too....

Who is really punishing you? The Mods or the person with the Nude covers. The Mods intent is to punish the offender. In the end buyers get punished also but the OP should know by not not to show nude covers.

The entire thread should be deleted if nudes are shown.

If not I can start a thread put up a couple of nude covers and people flock to my thread.

I would recommend a spoon. ;)

I'm not sure I understand your point (handing CBT a shovel)

Anyway:

When I read the new sales thread, the OP was not upset, he said he understood..and he should have, he's been around a while.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have my sales thread replies sent to me in my emails. That way in case I miss something on the thread, the emails alert me. It's easy to miss something in a busy thread. It's also a good way to find stuff if something has been deleted.

So if a poster of a sales thread has something deleted and he/she wants to make sure that the person who took the books first gets them...they can just reconstruct. If they want to do some extra work.

Just a suggestion.

Instead of blaming the mods, how about blaming the seller for not following board rules?

Or does that make too much sense?

then we wouldn't be able to 'out mods and publicly shame them' for being 'amatuer n00bs'