• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Nerd moment:

For those who don't know what The Hedge Knight is, it's the first of three novella's written by George R.R. Martin that follow two characters "Dunk" and "Egg".

It takes place decades before 'A song of ice and fire'

For those only watching the show, when King Jofrey is reading from the White book (containing all the deeds of the members of the Kings guard) he mentions how many pages are recorded for Sir Duncan the Tall. :gossip: That's "Dunk" in the hedge Knight

Nerd moment:

For those who don't know what The Hedge Knight is, it's the first of three novella's written by George R.R. Martin that follow two characters "Dunk" and "Egg".

It takes place decades before 'A song of ice and fire'

For those only watching the show, when King Jofrey is reading from the White book (containing all the deeds of the members of the Kings guard) he mentions how many pages are recorded for Sir Duncan the Tall. :gossip: That's "Dunk" in the hedge Knight

That old kook should spend more time getting his next book done. Can't wait to find out what happened to . . . no spoilers.

Edited by 1Cool

I tried offering something other than Spiderman books but it took offering up a couple to get off the hot seat.

Offers were top notch. I would've grabbed the Preacher TPBs but didn't want to be that guy who took a day to post the new offer.

Same here. And if I had seen the ASM 18 in time I probably would have jumped on it anyway and taken the beating for it :grin:

#194 is one of the hottest books out there right now. If that lasted more than a few minutes I'd have snagged it. Great offer!

Peace,

Chip

Great to know. I picked up a couple awhile back so now I've got to go find the other one.

Of course that means his offer has to be extra special. I loved his signed wrestling poster last month so lets see what he comes up with.

My mom back in 1989 or so was working at a hospital as a cardiac care nurse in Tampa. Hulk Hogan's father was under her care and she got me an autographed 8x10 from him. Or so I thought.

When I presented it to the people over at that autograph authentication forum, the overwhelming opinion was that the autograph was not authentic.

I would send this to you if you wanted it but I can't really prove it was real or not and it is hard to think my mother gave me some fake autograph. Perhaps it was his personal assistant or somethign who signed it (and did a crappy job at that). presented here for your opinion......

nfRwL37l.jpg

nfRwL37.jpg

I'm confused - are you offering the Hulk Hogan card for my other ASM 194? Send me a PM and we can talk about it but I'm not much of a signature guy.

#194 is one of the hottest books out there right now. If that lasted more than a few minutes I'd have snagged it. Great offer!

Peace,

Chip

Great to know. I picked up a couple awhile back so now I've got to go find the other one.

Of course that means his offer has to be extra special. I loved his signed wrestling poster last month so lets see what he comes up with.

My mom back in 1989 or so was working at a hospital as a cardiac care nurse in Tampa. Hulk Hogan's father was under her care and she got me an autographed 8x10 from him. Or so I thought.

When I presented it to the people over at that autograph authentication forum, the overwhelming opinion was that the autograph was not authentic.

I would send this to you if you wanted it but I can't really prove it was real or not and it is hard to think my mother gave me some fake autograph. Perhaps it was his personal assistant or somethign who signed it (and did a crappy job at that). presented here for your opinion......

nfRwL37l.jpg

nfRwL37.jpg

I'm confused - are you offering the Hulk Hogan card for my other ASM 194? Send me a PM and we can talk about it but I'm not much of a signature guy.

I was just passing the time with a whimsical story that I thought might relate to your "wrestling" poster comment. I was not making any offer. You seemed really into the signed poster before. That's all.

That's cool. I know people that love wrestling so I appreciate the intense advertisement posters but I'm actually more a sci-fi / fantasy geek then a wrestling fan. Sorry about your signature appearing to be not authentic - signatures are such a tricky hobby since everyone signs stuff differently throughout their lives. I look at stuff I signed 10 years ago and it looks nothing like my sign now.

***BREAKING NEWS****

Option 4 Added -

The Amazing Spider-Man Todd McFarlane Omnibus"

image_zps594c7f29.jpg

I'm still somewhat of a newb when it comes to posting on boards and do not know how to incorporate this and paste the other 3 options into this thread but will do so if offers are still up tonight

Kinda surprised the George RR Martin signed book wasn't snatched right away like my 1st "Giving Tree" offer last month was....go figure.

This is prolly it for my offers folks...I think I posted some good stuff though, the omnibus is a $100 book in new unread condition.

Got my box from comicalgems today!! Just awesome is all I can say. Very kind ... :cloud9:(worship)

:o:o:o

888209f18ee57d6684933ac8c3e32020_zpsdff1e517.jpg

Glad you like it! Sorry it took so long to ship, I'm a little slow shipping anyway and without a Paypal payment glaring me in the face...maybe I'll jump back in here this month?