• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI - Best Artists Ever... Ever
2 2

261 posts in this topic

BOOM

McFarlane

Kieth

Silvestri

Liefeld

Larsen

Valentino

Ottley

Jenkins

Dragotta

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

I like some of these guy's work a lot. Some are off to promising starts and show great promise. Some not so much. lol

Can't say I like any of them as much as Frazetta or Wood or Bolland or Stevens though.

BOOM

McFarlane

Kieth

Silvestri

Liefeld

Lee

Larsen

Valentino

Keown

Frazetta

Ottley

Jenkins

Dragotta

while I know it's a preference/opinion, I really can't put some of these people in the same category as others.

Frazetta was on a completely other level.

Well, I grew up reading comics with works by guys such as Dillin, Irv Novick, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Ross Andru, Jim Starlin, Barry Smith, Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, John Romita Sr (not Jr), Curt Swan, John Buscema (loved his Conan run), Ernie Chan (Chua), Mike Grell and Kurt Schaffenberger...just to name a few.

So best artists ever...ever....in my opinion, would be these guys above.

Had I been a decade or more older or younger, my opinion would definitely be different.

BOOM

McFarlane

Kieth

Silvestri

Liefeld

Lee

Larsen

Valentino

Keown

Frazetta

Ottley

Jenkins

Dragotta

That list is primarily Copper Age to current. There's a lot of great comic artists out there from across the ages and mediums of comicdom.

George Perez

Jack Kirby

Joe Kubert

Jim Steranko

John Buscema

Will Eisner

Mac Raboy

John Cassaday

LB Cole

Julie Bell

You list is defiantly missing some people.

Even worse, that list has people that shouldn't be on it.

Had the title of the thread been, "My favorite artists" then there'd be no reason to find fault with the list.

Since that is not the case, the fact that Liefeld is listed is laughable. The name Liefeld and words "best artist" listed sequentially should never appear in a positive nature. Well, if the sentence was, "Rob Liefeld was the best artist in his 7th grade homeroom," then I guess you'd have an argument.

There's only one on there that I'd say objectively deserves to be on a 'best comic artists ever' list, and that's Frank Frazetta.

A genius.