• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I'm sure that the reason more people don't participate is because of more obvious reasons people care not to admit.

My "obvious reasons" (how can they be so obvious if they are another person's reasons is beyond me ;) ) have been clearly stated many times.

There are surely a combination of factors, and Jiminy Cricket could only bring annoyance, if he continues the way he behaved so far.

What are the obvious reasons?

I'm sure that the reason more people don't participate is because of more obvious reasons people care not to admit.

My "obvious reasons" (how can they be so obvious if they are another person's reasons is beyond me ;) ) have been clearly stated many times.

There are surely a combination of factors, and Jiminy Cricket could only bring annoyance, if he continues the way he behaved so far.

Like the offers, it's a matter of personal taste. I prefer someone antagonist but honest and realistic as opposed to someone with a view of rose colored glasses, apologist and naive

Nothing personal, but he's been just as helpful in this thread as you've been disruptive

Are you replying to Hector?

My reasons have been stated in my last two or three posts… mainly a lack of interest in the specific offers, no matter the quality which has always been generally good. :)

Are you replying to Hector?

My reasons have been stated in my last two or three posts… mainly a lack of interest in the specific offers, no matter the quality which has always been generally good. :)

Sorry yeah I was replying to Hector I guess.

Like the offers, it's a matter of personal taste. I prefer someone antagonist but honest and realistic as opposed to someone with a view of rose colored glasses, apologist and naive

Nothing personal, but he's been just as helpful in this thread as you've been disruptive

And in which way he has been helpful?

I’m not saying being realistic is not good: he was just impolite and annoying.

And how I could have been "disruptive" I’d be very curious to hear from you, since you seem to have been reading so much into my posts from a certain point onwards. :shrug:

***********************************************************************************************************************

Just remember - if all you do is take and give nothing back, there will be nothing left of the tree.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Getting back to my post a few minutes ago - the above statement can't ring any truer. People tend to undervalue what they claim and overvalue what they offer. Is there any denying that? People lose site of what this thread should be and treat it as a sort of trading thread.

I had hoped with veto power, long time members would join in and feel that they could offer up nice stuff and not feel taken advantage of. But I honestly feel at this point, we're not bringing in new people to really offer inspiring, :o offers.

A long time, well-respected member just echoed the sentiment that this thread was filled with negativity and because of that they won't participate in another thread. To that, I didn't know how to reply. I guess some things could have been handled better, but I guess I'm shocked at times what people try to pull which results in a loss of a filter on my part. doh! I don't know if threads like this CAN survive in all honesty. (shrug)

I think you are 100% right about the complex nature of such an idea. The thread can work, but requires enough generosity.

What I question is the nature of this "negativity": not all perceived "negativity" was necessarily negativity: our discussion over the Meeklo issue, for example, had nothing to do with bringing negativity to the thread, as I simply did not see fair how you treated him, no matter the offers quality.

Any given criticism in this case was legitimate, and not a criticism on the thread.

And when I asked questions it was just to understand better how the rules worked, but often people seem to be able just to post "facepalms", and that helps very little to understand questions at large.

I think you are 100% right about the complex nature of such an idea. The thread can work, but requires enough generosity.

What I question is the nature of this "negativity": not all perceived "negativity" was necessarily negativity: our discussion over the Meeklo issue, for example, had nothing to do with bringing negativity to the thread, as I simply did not see fair how you treated him, no matter the offers quality.

Any given criticism in this case was legitimate, and not a criticism on the thread.

And when I asked questions it was just to understand better how the rules worked, but often people seem to be able just to post "facepalms", and that helps very little to understand questions at large.

translation

two negatives = a positive negative err ???

I'm ready Swick

short-handle-axe_zpsf5672c44.jpg

Is that axe NM? If so, :takeit:

I haven't read whats going on with the thread lately, but I actually am going to buy an axe this weekend. How big is that one? Is it still available?

I'm ready Swick

short-handle-axe_zpsf5672c44.jpg

Is that axe NM? If so, :takeit:

I haven't read whats going on with the thread lately, but I actually am going to buy an axe this weekend. How big is that one? Is it still available?

That actually had me laughing out loud. Don't know if your kidding or not.

If history is any indication, a huge offer will be posted soon and the thread will get an electric jolt. :)

I think we just did in terms of the Wolverine Limited Series. That guy just gave away $80 - $100 worth of books out of the goodness of his heart and people didn't really bat an eye. Tip of the hat to you good sir.

Problem was - pretty much everyone has a couple sets. People want something special . . something new. Its like a drug - always wanting more or it gets boring.

Edited by 1Cool

If history is any indication, a huge offer will be posted soon and the thread will get an electric jolt. :)

there's a current offer already. That needs to be taken first.

doh! Total duh moment on my part.

there's a current offer already. That needs to be taken first.

I had a fairly new board member just send me a message asking my advice on his a possible offer. He like most of us is really scared that his offer will not be "special" enough. He has some sets of Constantine and some Deadpool sets that I thought would do really well. I really hope he takes the set of books he wants and feels confident in his offers. I couldn't guarantee that his offer would get taken but I like his motives to be part of the giving.

Claudio - I understand you think I didn't treat him fairly. But did it change your opinion at all when I posted a link to a discussion where he tried the same thing in PIF and used the same arguments to defend himself? (shrug)

Not everyone is here to play nice and be honest. Some are here to take solely to their own benefit when the opportunity arises. That's just a sad reality. I'm sure he'll be around soon to defend himself some more or others will jump on me for being "negative". But come on - :eyeroll: if it happens once, maybe it's an innocent mistake. But twice... meh

To prevent scurvy, I've now added option C :)

Option C - Batman Bronze Age lot

Includes the books pictured - 263, 265,268,277,278,280,293,322 and 324.

Let me know if people want to see scans, happy to add them.

c72276ba6c8a504a18257818efe55726.jpg

:takeit:

Offers coming shortly.

To prevent scurvy, I've now added option C :)

Option C - Batman Bronze Age lot

Includes the books pictured - 263, 265,268,277,278,280,293,322 and 324.

Let me know if people want to see scans, happy to add them.

c72276ba6c8a504a18257818efe55726.jpg

:takeit:

Offers coming shortly.

Good show chap!!!!!

:applause: