• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Posted this earlier.... but this is an xample of Severin borrowing Maneely's thin line background approach. Maneely was the first person I recall putting it to such dramatic effect.... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FW8007.jpg

I like the thin line backgrounds also and they always make me think of Maneely.

This is one of my favorite Severin covers and it's a beaut of a copy.

+1

This is definitely one of Severin's best Atlas covers

This one doesn't have the thin lines..... but it does have one of Severin's "hidden" signatures on a sign behind the crowd. On QTW 16, he hid his mark on an outlaw's belt buckle lol GOD BLESS...

WESTERNOUTLAWS18.jpg

Cross posting for these, but this is the best place. Picked these up recently at the Boston Con

Great pick-up! I really like the Uncanny Tales 56, especially the lower tier. It's simple but it works for me!

Yeah! I love that panel, a great layout that's very evocative. And it reminds me of Ditko, too.

This one doesn't have the thin lines..... but it does have one of Severin's "hidden" signatures on a sign behind the crowd. On QTW 16, he hid his mark on an outlaw's belt buckle lol GOD BLESS...

WESTERNOUTLAWS18.jpg

I like the hidden sig on the Western Outlaws.

Here's the Quick-Trigger Western.

Quick-TriggerWestern16_zps5a3a2f5f.jpg

That Orlando story is phenomenal! Some terrific western books being posted!

Must...resist...gravitational pull of Atlas Westerns... :eek:

..... don't dare look at one of the Williamson stories then :baiting: GOD BLESS....

I read this recently. I should never have, the art is stunning. I will have to go after the other Atlas issues now. There's already so much stuff I want... :facepalm:

DSC_0002974x1280_zps3632b08a.jpg

.... all of them are fantastic..... but the 38 was always a particular favorite of mine. GOD BLESS...

I'm thrilled to have it ..... and I must confess I had never noticed it on www.atlastales.com on any of my thousands of visits .... it was pointed out to me be a fellow enthusiast on these boards who was kind enough to let me snag their undercopy ..... GOD BLESS....

P.S. The Everett story is as good as anything he's done IMHO ..............

:cloud9:

ManComics22_zps13653c53.jpg

PRETTY copy, Mike ..... I believe the splash scans that I so graciously swiped from the site were originally provided by you.... GOD BLESS....

.... the Krigstein story is nothing to sneeze at either.....

:cloud9:

ManComics22_zps13653c53.jpg

Wow, very nice! I've never paid this title much notice (never really collected war comics) but there are some killer covers in this run. And, obviously, some nice interior work as well. Hmmmmm...

The ones from '52 to '53 seem to be particularly gritty and atmospheric. War Comics 13 has a Robinson cover and 4 super stories.... I would recommend that one to start. There were a couple on eBay and Metro had one. Unfortunately it will likely send you out for more.... GOD BLESS....