• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

my recent haul of comic book covers

Batman # 88....front cover only...pic should show the large pieces missing....Has 2"-3" tear....some brittleness along ragged edges..SEE BIGGER PIC BELOW..

Submariner Comics # 7 (?)...back cover only..pic should show the roughness and missing pieces.......The Captain America ad for his Sentinels of Liberty is the inside part of the back cover, while the foot itch ad is the the outer part of the back cover..Has 2"-3" tear....This piece came from a Subby # 7 I had a few years ago that was missing its front cover.....If I am wrong in my attribution, please correct me.. ......

Sensation Comics # 25.....1942...cover only....missing about 20 percent of the front cover..

Spy Fighters #7...1952 Atlas...front and back cover only....FAIR

King Comics # 96...1944...front and back cover only...Good-VG grade..

Super Rabbit # 10...1947 Marvel....front and back cover only...VG-FINE...some stains...

Green Mask # 3...1941....front and back cover only....Looks VG-FINE, but has 2" spine split and 3" tear on front cover..

Superman # 54...1948...first wrap only..off white to cream color...some tears..

World's Finest # ??....3 pages to a square bound book.. rough...some tanning and brittleness on ends..

WDCS mailer ??...1940's....size approx 7.5" x 10.25"...VG+....has some creases..Overstreet says the mailers were 4 pages--this is 2 pages...One side has a Duck feature copyright date of 1939, the other side is is a WDCS subscription form..

WDCS vol 6 # 1...Oct 1945... ..front and back cover only...folds and numerous tears......some small chips off...Looks like a FAIR grade..

Woody Woodpecker # 40...Jan 1957....front and back cover only...Looks like a sharp FINE or a little better...

Real Clue Crime Stories...Nov 1949.....front and back cover only...Looks like a sharp VG-FINE or a little better...

As do many bottom-feeder Batman collectors, I need a back cover to BATMAN 1. (I know about the trimmed BC in a CGC holder, not particularly interested in that). [/quoteI]

I am definitely a bottom feeder. I found a WF 29 cover to go with my coverless copy. :banana: It fits right in there with some of my nicer comics.

14972761407_1528379580_b.jpg

15136307166_6cbc185294_b.jpg

15156359941_a29e1b2c88_b.jpg

I picked up a copy of WF 41 at the Comic Warehouse near Pearl River, NY.

Friendly collectors used to come in and circle the store to pick up all of the latest issues they had missed on new comic day. Nice place. thanks guys.

Need:

Incomplete Detective 29, Action 16, 23, 24. Detective 32,35,47,48

Coverless complete: Captain America 37, More Fun 53, 56.

Centerfold: Captain America 3

Second Centerfold: Captain America 2

Edited by AnkurJ

Hey folks. I thought I would reach out via this thread to see if I can locate a front and back cover, or even an incomplete copy with cover of Amazing Man 22. If it does not ring a bell it is the Gustavson cover with the green Nazi gorillas.

Hey folks. I thought I would reach out via this thread to see if I can locate a front and back cover, or even an incomplete copy with cover of Amazing Man 22. If it does not ring a bell it is the Gustavson cover with the green Nazi gorillas.

aha!! so you are the one who outbid me :baiting::grin: cool pickup man just an awesome book both inside and out!!! GL!!!!!

aha!! so you are the one who outbid me :baiting::grin: cool pickup man just an awesome book both inside and out!!! GL!!!!!

Yep, sorry about the last minute snipe. This book has been on my want list since the Gerber Guides first came out.