• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

Making a 2-hour one-way drive on Friday morning to check out a 1,000+ book collection. He's got lots of glut books, but in some of the pictures I see early 70's X-Men and ASM. Hopefully I can get the lot for a reasonable price. I know there was an ASM #238 hiding in one of the pics. The fact that it wasn't front-and-center means there could be more stuff "hiding" amongst the Spawn/PITT/Maxx/Deathmates.

Peace,

Chip

good luck man - 2h is a rough drive for a "possible" score -

Well, I've seen *some* pics. He keeps taking pictures of the same stuff. There are 5 full large rubbermaid bins full of comics. Some unbagged, as well.

Hopefully it's all good. He has issues pictured that are the numbers "around" ASM #252, 300, 361, etc, though I can't see those issues in the piles. Same thing with issues pictured "around" ASM #100, #121, 122, 129, X-Men #94, etc.

I wouldn't think he'd have any of those, but who knows? I didn't think I'd get that big score several months ago with the Hulk #181 and all the ASM keys, but there they were.

This has been a great, lucky year. :)

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Well, I've seen *some* pics. He keeps taking pictures of the same stuff. There are 5 full large rubbermaid bins full of comics. Some unbagged, as well.

Hopefully it's all good. He has issues pictured that are the numbers "around" ASM #252, 300, 361, etc, though I can't see those issues in the piles. Same thing with issues pictured "around" ASM #100, #121, 122, 129, X-Men #94, etc.

I wouldn't think he'd have any of those, but who knows? I didn't think I'd get that big score several months ago with the Hulk #181 and all the ASM keys, but there they were.

This has been a great, lucky year. :)

Peace,

Chip

May the comic gods be with you. :wishluck:

Welp, I got that collection home around 1pm and just finished sorting it all. I'd say there are about 1,500+ books with quite a bit of drek. lol. Not to say it's unsellable, it will just take time. The real gems may very well be two copies of Cavewoman #1, both NM and signed by Budd Root. There was a #2 also signed by Budd in there.

The collection itself was completely bizarre, compounded by the fact of how haphazard it was in scope as well as not being in any sort of order. I'd see some religious Archie releases followed by 3 copies of Brigade #1 followed by some Furry Freak Brothers and then a few issues of X-Men Adventures surrounding Tales To Astonish #93. There were some Sin City issues of DHP that had Nolan Ryan and Frank Thomas baseball cards between them, followed by a Western digest from the 1940's. Just too much fun to go through even though I was shaking my head a LOT.

Hopefully some pictures at some point once everyone goes to bed.

Peace,

Chip

The #238 is in rough shape. It seems like the whole collection was picked through before I got to it. #363 is there, but no #361 or 362 even though #350 to #360 is there, some with multiple copies.

The McSpideys were sparse...a #328 in rough shape, #312 and that's about it.

There were a bunch of late Silver/early Bronze ASMs in mid-low grade.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Just sorted through 28 long boxes of comics i bought last week. Mostly modern after 2000 with some 80's 90's. All unbagged and jam packed tightly. I never realized how much heavier new comics were compared to old goodness which is what I prefer.

Not too many keys, best books were Spidey 300 and lots of higher number variants, DC Comics Presents 22 Whitman variant which goes for stupid money! Alias 1-15 (TV series coming hoopla) 2 sets of Watchmen minty, plus lots of great sets.

6 long boxes of trades & mags

long box of GI Joe IDW stuff

2 long boxes of Star Wars Dark Horse

2 boxes of Spidey from 275-700 and other Spidey related

box each of Supes, GL, JLA, Deadpool, Marvel Ultimates

Rest assorted stuff

Sadly he never collected walking dead :( Did have a run of Crossed which is some pretty sick mess!

5 boxes of drek I just sold for 150.00 to a happy young fellow this morning

Best part though were the toys - pretty much a full set of G1 Transformers with accessories, DC Super Powers with accessories, 80's GI Joe, Captain Power, RoboTech. 8 boxes of carded/boxed Star Wars 90's stuff, 3 boxes of HeroClix

I'll do well at the next couple of shows

Just sorted through 28 long boxes of comics i bought last week. Mostly modern after 2000 with some 80's 90's. All unbagged and jam packed tightly. I never realized how much heavier new comics were compared to old goodness which is what I prefer.

Not too many keys, best books were Spidey 300 and lots of higher number variants, DC Comics Presents 22 Whitman variant which goes for stupid money! Alias 1-15 (TV series coming hoopla) 2 sets of Watchmen minty, plus lots of great sets.

6 long boxes of trades & mags

long box of GI Joe IDW stuff

2 long boxes of Star Wars Dark Horse

2 boxes of Spidey from 275-700 and other Spidey related

box each of Supes, GL, JLA, Deadpool, Marvel Ultimates

Rest assorted stuff

Sadly he never collected walking dead :( Did have a run of Crossed which is some pretty sick mess!

5 boxes of drek I just sold for 150.00 to a happy young fellow this morning

Best part though were the toys - pretty much a full set of G1 Transformers with accessories, DC Super Powers with accessories, 80's GI Joe, Captain Power, RoboTech. 8 boxes of carded/boxed Star Wars 90's stuff, 3 boxes of HeroClix

I'll do well at the next couple of shows

:o

Need to see a scan please. :foryou:

Not sure where to post this (or if I should at all). Saw this ad on craigslist. Some guy is selling 3,800 comics and asking $500 in New Jersey. Thought someone might be interested.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/clt/4632655583.html

It's not far from me but too much work.

If I was more knowledgeable I would consider it. But that is just way too much research for me at this point.

Great pickup above. The G1 stuff is pretty sick. You will certainly do well.

I bought 1 comic and 1 book. Nothing impressive, but it's always fun to pick stuff up.

IMAG2302_zpsnn16mzkp.jpg

I think that's a 30 cent variant. Took a chance. The book has obviously seen better days, but I've wanted a copy of that.

Edited by yecul