• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,872 posts in this topic

I read this book last night. Jack Kirby is greatness in any language :headbang:

I really like how La Prensa editors handled the cover inks. It really improved the overall feel and composition versus the US edition. I often wonder if they even had references to go from or if they had to improvise on occasion. Oh well, its all GOOD!

14276720997_1ea8fa6619.jpg

Los Vengadores 56 my copy by foxtrot70, on Flickr

For example, this is one of a few Superman "apocryphal" italian comics, which came out as a follow up of the very first story published here (very likely unauthorized) in 1939. They are super-rare and I would not know how to price it – I just picked it as the occasion arised, but they are pretty much "priceless".

MLIrklPh.jpg

That is verrrry cool!

Also, been real busy and haven't been around these parts much.... Getting issue 4 out of Foreign Comic Collector has absorbed a lot of time and energy. It had to be completely re-designed and I had to build it in another piece of software at home while the needs of a Wife, 2 kids, and a zoo of pets competed with my desire to get this thing out! :tonofbricks:

Anyways its done..... I have to thank everyone that helped with this issue!

LSComics, Liaton-9000, gmedina64, whetteon, 143ksk, and so many others..... I hope you guys enjoy!

FCC_issue4-cover.jpg

Check it out in the joomag viewer on our homepage here.....

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/

Or, download the .pdf directly from our archive page here.....

http://foreigncomiccollector.webs.com/archive

Thanks for looking guys!

:headbang:

Edited by Define999

I love that Italian version of Eternals..... I know you do as well Claudio!

These were among the first books I purchased at the newsstands: the italian Eternals magazine was also awesome because it featured Nova, Omega, 2001 and Machine Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy and Deathlok.

Oh BTW Claudio there is a thread on Italian Supes that needs your expertise sir! :gossip:

Where?

BTW, could you tell Liam I did not receive any activation email for the FCC forum (I subscribed a pair of days ago, talking with Tim). :shrug:

The new FCC layout is a lot tidier, and works definitely better. (thumbs u

No, sorry… :(